Chapter 38: What You Gonna Do?

Danielle walked out of kaylees dressing room, more nervous then she was before. Alex had told her about a plan she had been building up for some time, but didn't go into specifics. She even said Kaylee helped, which meant she knew about it. That gave Danielle a little reassurance that everything would work out. It just scared her to think one mishap would cost her fiancé's career and everything will come crumbling down. Alex had told Danielle to trust her, and that whatever happened it would be for the best. But how could that be the case if your whole life is in the hands of somebody else.

At the moment Alex was walking by Danielle's side, guiding her towards wherever Makena was. And once more Danielle, couldn't seem to read out the older girl. She didn't know what she was thinking, and it scared her, however made her feel comforted.

"Can i ask you something?" Alex said as she continued to walk slightly ahead.

"Sure" Danielle gave the older girl a tight lip smile.

"When did you start liking Kaylee? You know besides that day at the bakery?" Alex looked down at the girl awaiting her answer

"Well, at first I thought she was really special even though she was troublesome at times. She was very stubborn, she never cared if the whole world thinks she's wrong, she's still going to persevere. Whenever we spend time together I feel very comfortable and relaxed. I can just be myself without feeling the burden of being well... me. Someone that's been damaged because of a past relationship. Later on, I realized, unknowingly, I began to take notice on everything she does. I keep on looking for her. Those days when she was gone, I was alone. I truly felt alone. She's Kaylee Bryant so... whenever she interacted with others I would feel frustrated, jealous. Specially during that PR stunt. But I kept my mouth shut, thinking she might leave me if I say something. Overtime, I learned that I can say what's on my mind and she would listen instead of arguing and fight me. She would try to understand me. Until one day, I got mad at her, and she actually fought back. Making her voice heard. Then I knew Kaylee was just like any other girl, and we had a regular relationship. She too needs to be loved and cared for. From that moment, I was certain that I have fallen for her. I have fallen deeply for her. I want to hold her in my arms and protect her, just like how she protects me. Even if, the worlds against me."

"Well that was cheesy" the older girl laughed. It made Danielle roll her eyes and push the older girl slightly.

"Shut up, you're the one that asked" Danielle shook her head glaring at the green eyed girl.

"But... I'm happy for you, and Kaylee. She deserves all the good that comes in her life. Especially you. It just sucks that, that one time she's happy she can't enjoy it" Alex gave the younger girl a tight lip smile.

"I'm sorry I let you down. This is all my fault"

"Did I blame you" Alex crossed her arms.

"No but-"

"Then you have nothing to be sorry about" Alex cut Danielle off before she could finish her sentence. "Besides knowing Kaylee, as-long as you're by her side. She'll be okay"

"How though?" Danielle stopped walking and for the first time she saw Alex's strong demeanor fall. Alex sighed a bit and gave Danielle a sympathetic look, like she already knew what she was going to say.

"Dani-"

"Is kaylees career all anyone cares about?"

"To everyone else it does. To the people who have her contract only see her as a money grab, but she can't do anything about it. That's the life of a celebrity. Sometimes it can be stressful"

"Stressful? Alex, Kaylee is exhausted. She went to the fucking hospital and she says it happens all the time, that she's use to it. She is suffocating, and all everyone seems to care about is how many records will Kaylee sell, or how much money the movie will make at the box office."