Chapter 39: Those Nights

Kaylee was in her penthouse apartment looking outside the window; glass of bourbon in hand. She saw the snow begin to fall gracefully, dancing as they hovered in the air until they reached the bottom. The dark clouds covered the once bright sky and Kaylee found comfort in the weather. Winters was her favorite because of the snow. Since she was from California, she rarely saw snow unless she went to the mountains, but never the less, snow was her favorite type of weather. Especially snowstorm since it made her feel as though she was in a snow globe herself.

She began thinking about the events that had transpired and how they ended up in the situation they were at now. She was brought out of her thoughts when she heard the sound of a bell, indicating the elevator had stopped at her apartment. She turned around and saw Maya smiling, walking towards the superstar, Louis Vuitton bag hanging from the crook of her elbow, Chanel sunglasses and a long trench coat.

"What the hell are you doing here" Kaylee scoffed shaking her head, as she took a sip of her bourbon.

"Aww, you use to greet me so kindly, remember darling" Maya smirked a bit placing her bag down onto the couch. She continued to walk towards Kaylee wrapping her arms around the taller girls neck, squeezing her into a strong embrace, however Kaylee was quick to push her off.

"How the hell did you get into my apartment?" Kaylee raised her voice a bit.

"Is it so hard to believe that I miss you, and how I wanted to talk and spend time with you"

"So hard. We talked now get out" Kaylee pointed at the exit of her apartment. She shook her head feeling her anger unfold. She drank the rest of her drink looking back out the window. For a moment she contemplated on jumping out of there. It didn't look that bad, maybe the fall would be enough to put her out of her misery, without a permanent ending.

"Why are you always in a mood? I know what it is" Maya snapped her fingers. "You're in a bad mood because that bitch-"

"DON'T YOU DARE CALL HER ANYTHING, you have no right." Kaylee quickly turned to the blond shouting.

Kaylee felt as though her life was starting to be a game for the celestial beings to enjoy. It was a TV show for them, watching her struggle. She had the most shittiest luck. Not only was her ex in her home, but she was also home alone since Jenna, Alex and her fiancée Danielle were out sightseeing. All she wanted was a break, time to relax and not think about anything but clearly someone said Nope not today.

"Im just saying, that stunt she pulled today in the office. And you still don't see the problem."

"Yeah the problem is that I don't have a revolver just about now. What goes on in my life has nothing to do with you"

"Oh I see what it is. You're using her for sex aren't you. I'm pretty sure I can satisfy that need" Maya winked. Kaylees eyes narrowed as she clenched both her jar and her fist ready to pound on the blond and snap her neck.

"I dare you to say that again... Please make my fucking day!" kaylee said through gritted teeth. "You don't know anything about the relationship between Danielle and I. You're just a pompous egotistical sad excuse of a human being."

"Don't you get tired?" Maya smiled, as if the insult just went in through one ear and out the other.

"Of what?" Kaylee raised a brow before pouring more alcohol into her cup. She was on the verge of tears of frustration. She need something to calm herself down and fast.

"Having your life turned upside down. Having to consistently put your little girlfriend first."

"Don't you get tired of disturbing my life. God! I thought I could finally get away from you, and never have to see you again."