Chapter 44: Serendipity

FlashBack

Andrew Carter

It had been a little over 2 months; both Kaylee and Alex were growing frustrated by the day. The plan was to find Andrew and have a little talk, but how were they suppose to do that when they couldn't find him. It had been 2 months and the lead they had on the guy went cold. But nevertheless they kept trying to find him.

Alex entered their secret safe house ready to give the girl the good news that they had finally found the guy. However Alex felt the happiness leaving her body when she saw her best friend crying, sitting on the floor besides her bed. She had her phone pressed to her ear gripping it in a death hold. Her knuckles turning white.

"Kay-"

"Why?" Kaylee cut her friend off before she could say anything else. "Why can't I just call her and let her know I'm okay. She's hurting so much and I'm in so much pain"

"I know you are. But right now going no contact will keep Danielle safe. Who knows what Andrew or Makena might do. If they know you're out of her life they'll leave her alone" Alex tried to calmly explain that this was for the best. Danielle had been doing well in her new spotlight and so far they haven't heard anything about Makena and that scared her. Making Danielle believe Kaylee left her would be more convincing this way.

Kaylee sighed heavily as if she was without patience. Since she left Kaylee had been getting calls every hours from Danielle. She allowed them to go to voicemail and to her surprise Danielle actually left messages. She would listen to every single message. It hurt the girl but just hearing Danielle voice, even if she was cursing her out Kaylee found some form of comfort.

"Kaylee you know me well enough to know that i always try to doing things for the better. It will be worth it."

"I know ... I just" Kaylee tried to speak but she couldn't. There were no words in her mind at that moment. "What if she finds somebody else"

"Then We'll beat them up too" Alex laughed. Kaylee however couldn't find the strength to find the humor in the comment. "I know what will make you feel better"

"You're going to let me see Danielle... let me talk to her" Kaylee ran her fingers through her hair.

"Almost. We found Andrew. We finish this and all we have left is Makena. We're one step closer to going home" Alex smiled and for the first time in a month she saw a smile on her friend. It was faint but a smile nevertheless.

The two found themselves at a local bar just outside Cabo in Mexico. Apparently one of Alex's friends had spotted the boy in question with a bunch of YouTube influencers soaking up the sun. And they were right when, they saw Andrew dancing with a girl at a well know club at the resort. The two made their way towards the boy, Alex grabbing him by shirt and dragging him out.

"Yo what the h-" Andrew stopped talking when he saw the two girls in front of him. Kaylee could see the color leaving his face. Kaylee was the first to throw a punch at the guy knocking him to the ground.

"How does it feel fighting against someone who will actually fight back" Kaylee growled.

"Kaylee seriously" Alex said in shock.

"His face pissed me off" Kaylee shook the pain away from her hand looking down at the guy. "I don't like your face"

"Bryant. What the hell are you doing here" Andrew rubbed his jaw trying to get rid of the pain.

"I'm here to prevent this one" Kaylee pointed at Alex "from cutting your dick off and gluing it to your forehead so you'd look like a damn unicorn. That's why the fuck I'm here" Kaylee crossed her arms.