Chapter 10: NYLA

'What if... I don't want to forget' were the only words that ever played in Kaylees head. The whole 5hr trip was just Kaylee thinking. She was always think and with great reason.

qMakena was on FaceTime with the superstar for half of the trip going over her schedule and telling her exactly what is to be expected of her. But all Kaylee could hear was Danielle's voice in her mind. Luckily for her, Alex was there to pay attention for her. Since she already knew Kaylee was in her own world.

I don't know, but I want out of these thoughts. These feelings that were tainted with hatred towards me. It wasn't my fault! I did nothing but play by the book. Why is love so complicated" Kaylee sat back on her seat thinking. Between Danielles words and her own thought it was like a tug- war match fighting for control. Does Kaylee want to think about Danielle and how she might like her or did she want to ignore everything that had led up to that kiss. "Why do i hide the real self? Because I'm too much of a coward to show the real me?" those were Kaylee final thought.

"Thats why it's beneficial. Think about the publicity if they were to date?" makena said.

"No thanks" Kaylee muttered unaware of what was going. She didn't even know if she was answering the question or talking to herself.

"I don't think its a good idea" lex sighed.

"Its not up to you Ms. Domingez" Makena prodded, raising her brow as she tapped a stack of papers onto her desk, most seriously.

"I really appreciate the time you took today to remind me why I don't like you" Alex said quickly and smoothingly. "I'll keep my bestie for as long as I possibly can. Don't go interfering with that"

Alex was pretending to mimic Makena, using her hand as a puppet while Makena spoke while make silly faces. Alex took notice at her overly quiet friend and looked into her bright brown eyes that seemed to glow every second, but she was taken back when she saw just how dull and full of what seemed, sadness and irritation. Alex sighed shaking her head closing the laptop as Makena was still talking. Kaylee had yet to move or react.

"Talk to me Kay," Alex spoke loud enough to shake Kaylee out of her thoughts.

"She said she didn't want to forget... about what happened" Kaylee softly spoke not making eye contact with her friend.

"You mean what almost happened since my dumbass ruined such a beautiful moment" Alex was still beating herself up when she bluntly blurred out her thoughts.

"Do you think I deserve it?" Kaylee paused, taking a glimpse out the window. The view was nothing but beautiful with the clouds moving next to them and around them. They looked like fluffy cotton balls just floating in the sky. Alex narrowed her eyes at the girl. "Do I deserve to be loved?" Alex couldn't help but laugh at the question that was asked. Kaylee sat back on her seat now fully focused on the girl.

"I knew you weren't the sharpest tool in the shed but like come dude." Alex thought for a moment, then continued. "Just because some bitch ass hoe had the audacity to not only cheat on you, but use you cause she was nothing but a gold digger, does not by any means, mean that you don't deserve love. Yes it happened Kaylee, 5 years ago get over it and move on and get back in the game because you won't know what being loved feels like if you don't let anyone in." Alex slammed her hand on the table standing up and leaning closer to Kaylees face. "You are Kaylee Fucken Bryant with a net worth of 5 Billion Dollars. That billions with a "B," by the way. Richer then Oprah Winfrey, you have that fuck you money."

"What does my net worth have anything to do with love" Kaylee yelled back matching Alex's tone.

"It doesn't but I saw some soccer cleats I really want and thought I should bring it up" Alex still shouting in a playful angry tone. She sighed and sat back in her seat "My point is Kay, you have to let yourself love in order to be loved. How can you experience that when you don't let anyone in your life. After all isn't that why you chose to fall for Danielle 2 years ago. Because of what she did. Now is your chance. Life is not a movie. So stop comparing it to one." Alex tapped the table with her fingers before getting back up. "I'm taking a nap, just think about what I said." She waved.