Chapter 2: Stranger

After a full week of rehearsals and table readings it was finally time to start the actual production. Reading always seemed to calm Kaylee. It gave her a distraction from the real world. It was like her mind was automatically transported to a different world where she got to experience normal stuff girls her age did. Maybe she could experience love for real then just acting in love.

"Wow you look like shit"

Kaylee looked up to see her co-star Aria, who had a shit eating grin. She hated Aria and she knew he felt the same way. The two never seemed to see eye to eye, even his mere presence made her blood boil. God she never disliked someone so much then the guy in front of her. If she could kill him, she would. But she knew it was frowned upon literally everywhere, so she decided murder by words would have to do. And sometimes she would amaze herself with her witty clap-backs.

"What the hell do you want Aria. Cant you see I'm reading." Kaylee waved her book in front of the boys face.

"I don't care what you do. You're late again making me miss the first scene." The boy crossed his arms.

"And nothing brightens up a room like your absence" Kaylee smiled. He saw the boy rolling his eyes, scoffing at the comment. "Yeah LA traffic. Horrible. Very bad." Kaylee opened her book reading once more.

"Is that my fault?" Aria scoffed once more shaking his head.

"Did I blame you?" Kaylee didn't bother to look at the boy in front of her. Aria was about to speak once more before he was cut off by the director.

"Kaylee, Aria we are ready for you two on set." The director signaled them to joint the set. Kaylee reluctantly got up from her chair walking past the taller boy. However he took this as in opportunity to hit his shoulder onto kaylees. She didn't let that get to her though, and just continued walking.

________________________

The first scene was very nerve racking for the girl. The make up artist finished the final touch ups and fixed her outfit. She went over her lines one more time before she felt confident she had them down memorized to a 't'. Taking a breath she walked into position. "And action" the director shouted.

Kaylee and Arias were walking around the set house going into a library.

"So what are you" Arias character looks at Kaylee, looking a bit distraught.

"I should get to class" kaylee closed her eyes smiling.

"No...No. Sorry. I don't mean to be rude, but I don't know you" he looks at his other co-star sitting behind a desk. "And though the image of you whammying a priest is still fresh I need you here. Just tell me what all that was in the church last night" Aria began to say his lines looking at Kaylee. The girl walked up to the boy unamused.

"What do you think it was?" She said calmly.

"Well either I lost my mind or werewolf's are real." Aria looked at Kaylee who was silent.

The scene continued for a few more minutes without any mistakes. Once the director yelled 'cut' Kaylee rushed out of set, but she was once again pulled back. She was so closed to her dressing room, too.

"Makena please I'm tired. I want to sleep" Kaylee groaned in annoyance.

"And you will after your next scene. But right now I have to inform you the executive producers want you to have 2 songs on the movie soundtrack" Makena typed away on her iPad not looking at the younger girl.

"Just pick an album and take two songs from them it's not that hard." Kaylee sat back on her chair pulling out her phone. She scrolled through her albums looking for any song that would fit the movie.