Chapter 41: When We Met

Kaylee has only seen this scenario in movie or TV shows. Hell she even played doctors on shows, but this was different, these were real doctors treating an injured patient. Doctors pushing the gurny as the unconscious girl laid on top. One of the female doctor sat on top of her straddling her as she began compression on the girls chest. She yelled orders to the others telling them that they need to get a CT or an MRI ready. Kaylee didn't know what to do, but blame herself for everything. This was her fault, for being selfish. For wanting to get revenge on the production for what they did. But she was just as bad as them. She couldn't take it anymore and rushed out of the hospital. Danielle tried to go with her but Jenny stopped her shaking her head almost telling her to just leave her for now.

They finally got the girl into a room and began putting an oxygen mask on her, squeezing the pump every couple seconds.

"It's cardiac arrest" the male doctor looked at the head female doctor waiting for instructions.

"150 joules charge. Clear. Shoot." The female doctor yelled out placing the medal pads on the girl. Her body rose up but nothing. The flat line still appeared on the screen. "200 joules charge. Shoot." And once more the girls body rose up but there was no change on the EKG.

"Her vitals are not coming back" another female doctor said sincerely.

The female doctor quickly placed her hands over the girls chest and began compressions once more. She counted up to 3 mumbling to herself as she began to push the girls chest down.

"Please come back" the female doctor said determined to revive the girl. But nothing was working. The flat line still rang. The female pressed harder and faster before her arms became tired and stopped. She dropped her head.

"Aren't you... suppose to heal not hurt. I think your killing me... again" the unconscious girl said weakly, slowly and quietly coughing trying to get air.

"Her pulse... came back." The male doctor pointed at the screen.

"Alexia Dominguez, are you conscious?" The female doctor said flashing the flash light into the forest greens eyes of the now conscious girl.

"That or im a ghost and you can see me" Alex laughed weakly.

"Where is this place you are at?" The doctor asked.

"If you're here... heaven" Alex smiled.

"You're an idiot. If the doctor used a bit more charge, you could have died! She couldn't save you then!" Alex turned her head to see Jenny standing outside the door. Alex laughed a bit feeling the pain in her body.

"I didn't know you were a doctor?" Alex asked.

"I should be. I watched every episode of grays anatomy. I'm basically qualified" Jenny smiled.

"No" the female doctor slowly shook her head crushing Jenny's doctor dreams. Alex slowly sat up struggling.

"You need to lay down so we could run some test" the doctor said.

"Jenny, tell Kay it wasn't her fault. I'm sure she blames herself." Alex told the blond before laying back down. The doctors and nurses dragged the bed out of the room to prep her for more test.

Kaylee was in her penthouse sitting by her grand piano drinking her bourbon. She refilled the glass cup seconds after she downed the liquid she had. Kaylee looked at her once full Jim Bean bottle now only half way empty and squeezed her glass tightly. Shutting her eyes letting the tears freely fall.

"Oh how the great Kaylee Bryant has fallen" Kaylee heard the annoying nagging voice that belonged to her former manager. Kaylee didn't bother to look at the lady; chuckling as she drank the auburn liquid. "To say you weren't determined is an understatement. Who would of guessed you would sabotage your own fiancé's chance in the stoplight for your own selfish need. Not to mention send poor Alexia to the hospital."