Chapter 1: Aint that Something

"Hello everyone and welcome to Morning LA. I'm your host the one and only Jenny Boyd, and so I'm happy to welcome our special guest. The one and only award winning singer, and actress Kaylee Bryant" the beautiful tv host announced to the audience. As soon as the name left the blond lady's lips the crowd erupted into cheers, all standing up clapping, whistling and over all showing their excitement for their favorite celebrity.

"Yeah! That's my girl" Danielle laughed as she sat her plate of pancakes on the table, watching her favorite celebrity appear on tv. Ever since she found her music on YouTube 2 years ago, Danielle had been in love with the girl. She knew all of her songs and watched all her movies and never missed an interview. She wasn't an obsessed fan or anything; she was just dedicated.

Danielle placed a piece of her pancake in her mouth, turning up the tv volume to hear from the kitchen. She sat down watching intently, seeing the brunette walk out from behind stage, waving her hand and showing the beautiful smile. Danielle could feel the corner of her lip tug upwards and she couldn't stop it. A smile always appearing on her face as soon as she gets a glimpse of the superstar. Kaylee just had that affect on her.

"So tell us." Adjusting herself on her seat, Jenny leaned in just a bit. "You just finished your world tour. Is there any new projects coming up" Jenny asked the girl who turned to look at the audience.

"Actually there is. I was going to wait until the deal was done, but since I'm here why not share. Jenny, Los Angeles you are currently looking at the lead actress for the up and coming movie Legacies." Kaylee smiled while the loud cheers of the audience could be heard.

Danielle smiled to herself knowing that the Main parts of the movie will be shot in L.A where she just so happened to live. "Huh? What are the odds we'd run into each-other." Danielle thought about the million and 1 chances they'd ever run into each-other. But it was L.A the city of dreams. Anything could happen. At least, thats what she wanted to believe.

Danielle watched for the remainder 30 minutes. Jenny, poking fun at the young actress while the audience asked Kaylee a few questions. Some where very interesting, while other just tried to confess their love to the girl. Kaylee would always laugh and wave them off. But then the questions started to get a little too personal and Danielle would admit thats those fans were very brave to ask such things.

"Okay one last question for Kaylee." Jenny walked over to a random audience member handing him the microphone.

"Uh- hi... sorry a little nervous. Uh m-my question is do you have a crush on someone?" The boy nervously asked causing Kaylee to laugh a bit. Danielle sat forward waiting for an answer. Kaylee looked at the audience, placing her fingers to her chin, scratching it gently in thought. She gave a wide smile that was too contagious; Danielle smiled.

"I don't have a crush on anyone. I've been to busy with tour, and with the new movie coming out. I don't have time to think of a relationship at the moment." Kaylee gleefully answered. Danielle let out a small breath she didn't know she was holding, laying back on her seat, slouching. Before Danielle could close her eyes her alarm rang, causing her to shoot up from her seat, and look down at her phone.

"Shit I'm going to be late for work." The girl quickly grabbed her belongings, and headed towards the front door.

___________________________

Once Danielle was at work she grabbed her broom, and began to sweep inside the diner. When she finished cleaning the tables, sweeping the floors she made her way towards the back, and decided to clean up there. It was isolated from the other business in the plaza so she figured she would listen to music while she cleaned. The place wasn't as full; never really was, so she knew even if she took her time enjoying the fresh L.A weather the other waiter wouldn't be overwhelmed.