Chapter 19: Broken Hearts Club

You found me, Drowning in the dark. Waiting for the rain to stop. I tried my best. To light this burning heart, But you can't start a fire without its burn. Everything you give I want. But I always take too much. Everything you need I'm not. Cause I'll always be loveless. I'm sorry I can't give enough. These scars they only leave me numb. I'm paying for my own mistakes. I've given all my feelings away. Every time you hold me close. I feel you're trying to save a broken soul. I wish that there was more to say. But I've given all my feelings away.

Kaylee was outside next to her fire pit strumming her guitar singing. It was currently 2 in the morning and Kaylee couldn't sleep. After they got home from their date Kaylee didn't know what she was feeling. She loved Danielle, but her own demons prevented her from doing so. Her thoughts always came with taunting from her inner demons on how 'Danielle was only using her', or that 'Danielle doesn't really love her', and Kaylees favorite thought... 'Danielle didn't want to love someone so broken inside who will spend the rest of their life screaming on the inside'. Kaylees heart was in too many pieces to be fixed. Truth was she never made any attempt to ever piece it back together. She just carried the pieces with her.

You can't break what's already broken, Kaylee thought letting out a heavy sigh leaning back on the outdoor sofa.

"Can't sleep" Danielle softly whispered placing a cup of tea in front of her girlfriend. Kaylee took it from her hand not taking her eyes off the fire. "Do you always sing your feelings when you can't sleep" Danielle asked remembering the night she sang herself to sleep.

"It helps to get the emotions out rather then sleep on them" Kaylee brought the rim of the cup to her lips taking in the sweet scent. "I don't sleep... I never sleep" Kaylee confessed. Kaylee shook her head rapidly to clear it. "What's about you love, why aren't you sleeping"

"I didn't feel you next to me... I waited for you for a few minutes thinking you went to get water or bathroom but you didn't come back. So I decided to see if you were okay. But at the same time my own insecurities kicked in. But that was quickly thrown out the window when I saw your phone on the nightstand and heard you singing." Danielle rubbed her hand behind her neck. She hated feeling insecure that Kaylee would tell her to leave cause she found someone else.

Kaylee laughed a bit bringing Danielle gaze towards her.

"We are broken... damaged" Kaylee finally let out. " cheers to the broken hearts club... You give to much love that you're scared that it might not be be enough. And I don't know how to show love anymore. so much so that it feels as though I am numb inside. Thinking my brokenness is to much to be repair and you give up" Kaylee said monotonously, as if she had no strength to put any emotion in her voice. She was just numb.

"I understand." Danielle laid down. Head on Kaylees lap stretching her body on the sofa. She looked up at the older girl caressing her cheek trying to wipe away her worries. Kaylee leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on the girls lips. Pulling back.

There's a calm surrender, To the rush of day. When the heat of a rolling wind Can be turned away. An enchanted moment, And it sees me through. It's enough for this restless warrior, Just to be with you. And can you feel the love tonight? It is where we are
It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer. That we got this far. And can you feel the love tonight? How it's laid to rest? It's enough to make kings and vagabonds Believe the very best.

Both Kaylee and Danielle turned their heads to see Alex singing the lion king song swaying side to side as if she was dancing with a ghost. It was enough to make Kaylee and Danielle both get out of their depressed thoughts, laughing softly.

"Kay you're suppose to be on a plane in" Alex twisted her wrist to look at her watch. "10 hours. I thought you'd finally get a good sleep, you know sleeping next to your girlfriend" Alex walked over to an empty sofa watching the fire as well.