Chapter 8: I Ship It

It was Danielle first time at a recording studio and the atmosphere was really intense. There were a lot of producers and other semi important people walking through the halls. Kaylee was walking a little ahead already knowing where to go. But even so she wasn't in any rush to get to work, so she took the long way. The walls of the halls were filled with golden records framed perfectly. Kaylee stopped when she felt that Danielle stopped following her. She saw her admiring one of the albums on the wall.

She walked towards the girl and saw what she was looking at. It was Kaylee Bryant's album of the year. "Your 'say less' album is by far the best album. I mean the others are good don't get me wrong but this one is my favorite" Danielle smiled before turning towards Kaylee.

"Really huh, I could of taken you for 'Drugs&Money kind of gal" kaylee laughed pointing to another one of her albums that was hanging on the wall.

"Yeah cause the lyrics 'drugs and fucken money I can hear the birds sing, drugs and fucking money fucking up this whole thing, drugs and fucken money anything that I need' is a total turn on" Danielle playfully pushed Kaylee on her shoulder as she shook her head. "Wait do you actually do drugs" Danielle quickly raised an eye brow stepping back a bit.

"No, i don't, but management thought having a rebellious phase would sell and it did." kaylee dropped the smile she once had and shrugged her shoulders. She didn't want to talk about it anymore, and began walking torwads the recording room that was just up ahead. Danielle didn't want to push the conversation any further. She didn't want to be an overly obsessed fan constantly talking the other girls ear off.

Once Kaylee opened the door to the room she sat the bag of food on the empty table; Danielle following right behind her. Thinking back she only really had a full day left to complete 2 songs, yet she didn't really care. Kaylee was brought out of her daze when she heard the sounds of the piano playing. She recognized the song as fly me to the moon and decided to peak into the booth.

There was Alex where she had left her. Bags of foods and drinks neatly placed on the side of the table as she played the beautiful melody. She had her headphones on so she didn't hear Kaylee when she called her name a few time. It wasn't until she tapped her on the shoulder when the girl suddenly jumped.

"Shit dude give a girl a warning" Alex shouted bringing her hand to her chest feeling her racing heart beat. She let out a heavy sigh before smacking Kaylee on her arm. The girl in retaliation smacked Alex on her arm and before they knew it the two were now on the ground fighting. The two finally stopped when they noticed Danielle awkwardly standing on the other side of the booth. Both girls laughed and broke apart; Kaylee signaling her to get in the booth.

"Alex this is Danielle, Danielle, Alex my best friend" Kaylee pointed to one another introducing them.

"I'm her only friend." Alex laughed stretching out her arm towards Danielle. "wait Danielle... why does that name sound familiar" Alex thought for a bit. She could of sworn she heard that name somewhere before.

"Fuck off Alex" Kaylee smacked the girl once more bring Alex out of her thoughts.

"Nice to meet you" Danielle took the girls hand and shook it a couple times before letting go.

For the remainder of the night Alex watched as Danielle and Kaylee messed around with one another. It was always Kaylee who began the teasing while Danielle only retaliated. The playful banter never turned into a serious argument or anything like that. It just brought smiles and a warm atmosphere. For once Alex was happy to see her friend interacting with other people. Yet there was one little thing she couldn't help but notice each and every time. When Kaylee and Danielle would have a few pauses in between their conversation their eyes would meet, yet they always looked away once. Then they'd make eye contact again.