Chapter 9: Dazed & Confused

A month had past since Kaylee kissed Danielle. She still kept her promise of eating at the diner, but after, she would go right back to work. As bad as it seemed Kaylee tried to assure the girl that her manager, Makena had packed her schedule and didn't really have time to do anything. Yet she made it her mission to grab at least one meal everyday. And when they would sit down to eat they talked about anything and everything besides that shared moment in the booth. It was almost a taboo conversation.

Kaylee was awoken by her alarm causing her to fall off the bed. She hit her head on the corner of the nightstand. She laid on the ground groaning in pain before finally getting up. She made her way towards the bathroom making sure she didn't have any cuts or bruises which she luckily didn't. She quickly washed her face and brushed her teeth. Once she was done with her morning routine she looked out her bedroom window. It was still dark out but what did she expect at 5 o'clock in the morning.

She let out a heavy sigh opening her balcony door. Today she had to go to New York for a couple weeks and she was dreading every minute of it. It was going to be the first time she's been away from the blue eyed girl, and she didn't know how to feel about it. The past few weeks they had gotten pretty close hanging out everyday even if it was for one hour at a time.

Kaylee leaned against the railing of the balcony, as she brought her gaze towards the night sky. She noticed the sun slowly creeping out of the LA mountain and she found herself admiring the view. It was the first time she ever saw the sunrise. 'Such a perfect morning. Peaceful' she noted.

The birds where chirping and the calm breeze made the leaves rustle in the trees. It wasn't cold nor was it hot but a mixture of both. She began to think about that night with Danielle. She tried her best to get rid of those thoughts, but the more she tried to forget them, the more she realized trying to forget made her remember it more. It made her wonder.

Kaylee spend the next half hour watching the sunrise. Once the sun was about half way up she figured that it must of been a little after 6. "I wish... I was able to be loved" were Kaylee final thoughts before Alex joined her outside. Neither of them talked; just enjoying the peacefulness of the Los Angeles morning.

"You're going to be late to the airport" Alex finally broke the silence still looking at the outside world. taking a sip of her coffee.

"It's my private jet. It doesn't leave until I tell it to. Besides I'm not due to start my interviews until later tonight. I have time to enjoy my morning." Kaylee said softly. She was to tired to raise her voice or anything.

"Are you going to go visit her today"

"Who?" Kaylee raised her brow.

"Don't play stupid, That's my thing. I'm talking about Dani" Alex turned her back on the balcony rail leaning back against it. She stretched her arms up into the air letting out a loud groan.

"I promised her I would have meals with her. I keep my promises. Besides, I won't see her for a couple of weeks might as well take advantage"

"I like her." Alex smiled.

"You do?" Kaylee stood up straight turning to face the girl. She felt irradiated at the girl all of a sudden. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. Alex just laughed and shook her head.

"I mean, I like her for you. She makes you smile. A genuine smile, not that one you so casually put on for show." Alex brought her fingers to Kaylee lip forcing a smile before she smacked her hands away. "So tell me... do you like her" Kaylee didn't say anything she just smiled widely and nodded her head before going back inside. "Just ask her out already"

"I don't know what you're talking about?"

"Please Kay, I see the way you two look at one another. The glances, soft smiles, a look that screams im madly in love with them. Just asked Dani if she loves you too or not! How complicated can that be?!"