Chapter 25: I thought I Had You

It had been two month since Kaylee had left to finish filming her movie. She had been working none stop since she landed in the state. Filming took up half her time plus interviews, and photoshoots everything was coming in at a quick pace. She didn't have time to think and sleep was no longer on her schedule. Every time she would have a few minutes to herself they would be ruin by something else. Kaylee started to lose track of what she was doing.

It almost felt like she was a chicken running without her head. But at the same time it was Kaylee who wanted to get things over and done with; so she tried to get as much filming done as possible. However, PR dates took up majority of her film time. Rumors had escalated so quickly that many people were talking about possible engagement. Kaylee couldn't shut them down either because it was management that kept encouraging the media's behavior. She hated explaining to Danielle the stupid PR stunts. But she always reassured Danielle that she loved her and only her.

It was easier on Danielle side. Since she brought her cousin to stay with her things had calmed down just a bit. She didn't feel so alone and even she started hanging out with her new friends that she met at the diner. She had a good time going to movies and out to eat without having to worry about the consequences. However, even with her friends and cousin as a distraction it never took away from her yearning feelings for Kaylee. She tried to call her every day and keep their routine of communication but every time Kaylee picked up the phone they were interrupted. It was always 'Kaylee you have a date with aria.' Or 'Kaylee you have an interview.' Both girls felt they were drifting apart and it was Kaylee who was hating it. Danielle understood what her girlfriend job was. She understood the struggles with communication.

Danielle was lucky that Alex and Jenny were able to assure her that everything was okay. Alex sending her updates on Kaylee and would often send pictures. Danielle was grateful to the older girl for keeping a watchful eye on her girlfriend, but also take the time to explain that all Kaylee did was work and there was never any reckless behavior. Kaylee at least made an attempt to tell her girlfriend about her day through text or small voice recording here and there but it wasn't the same. She wanted that conversation she once had. Where she got to tuck her girlfriend in every night on the phone.

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Let down your hair to me.'
Rapunzel had magnificent long hair, fine as spun gold, and when she heard the voice of the enchantress she unfastened her braided tresses, wound them round one of the hooks of the window above, and then the hair fell twenty ells down, and the enchantress climbed up by it." Kaylee was listening to Danielle reading the story of Rapunzel as the make up crew was doing their finishing touches before she was to go on set. She wanted to call Danielle but it would just go to voice mail so she figured after 3 attempts she would just drop it. Alex tapped Kaylee on her shoulder getting her attention.

"What" Kaylee said irritated. She removed her earphone tossing her phone to the table.

"She didn't answer again" Alex asked.

"No... I called her like 3 times. I didn't expect her to stop her life when I lift. But I'd hope I would still get to talk to her" Kaylee let out.

"Well Danielle said she was going to watch that new Spider-Man movie with her friends. Maybe she has her phone off." Alex shook her head looking through her messages with the blue eyed girl. "I haven't talked to her since this morning when I told her you had an early shoot" Alex took a breath showing her friend the conversation. "She had work until 7 then she's going to the movies. She should be free around 10. You can call her then" Alex explained.

"How long has it been. I texted her almost every time I have a few seconds of time but she... hasn't responded. I haven't talk to her at all this week." Kaylee confessed. She stood up grabbing her jacket and tossing it over she shoulders. As soon as she walked a few steps she lost balance stumbling forwards. She held onto the wall for support pinching the bridge of her nose. She felt very light headed and her head felt like it was just slammed into the wall.