Chapter 7: Eyes Brown, Sweet and Romantic

The beautiful cotton candy colors fell over the Los Angeles area. It was a mix between pink and orange that painted the sky. Kaylee was at awed by the beauty of the barley lit sky, and the quiet sounds of the car ride. Besides the radio quietly playing in the background no girl broke the silence with a conversation. This gave Kaylee the unpleasant chance to continue her thoughts. What was she doing here anyways. She should be at the studio writing a stupid love song but instead she found herself hanging out with Danielle. Who by the way didn't even mention where she was taken them.

After a few more silent minutes in the car kaylee noticed exactly where they were at. She looked at Danielle and laughed. "Santa Monica, out of all the places to site see the first place you wanna go to is Santa Monica." Kaylee didn't really mind actually. She loved the beach and she especially loved the arcade games that were at the pier.

"What? id never been. Besides it's almost night so most places are closed." Danielle told the older girl hoping she wouldn't tease her any longer. Once they arrive Danielle parked her car in an empty parking space and began to get out of the car. Kaylee was about to but then it finally hit her. She was out in public. How did she forget about that small detail.

"What's wrong Superstar." Danielle looked back in the car and saw Kaylee still sitting in her seat. She hadn't even bothered to remove her seat belt. "Do you wanna go somewhere else" she added thinking she probably didn't want to get ambushed by screaming fans.

"No, just thinking. Ah do you by any chance have a sweater or something" Kaylee asked. Danielle thought for a bid and nodded her head.

"In the trunk I think there's a few things" Danielle went to the back of her car to open the trunk. Kaylee got out of the car effortlessly and approached Danielle. They checked her trunk which was fairly clean with only a few items laying around. Kaylee reached out and grabbed a simple California Republic hoodie. Kaylee walked back to her seat, reaching in to grab her backpack. There she pulled out a hat, and shades, then tossed the items to Danielle without warning.

Kaylee took out another pair of hat and glasses for herself.

"Why do I need shades it's dark out now" Danielle told the girl confused. Kaylee just looked at her like she just asked the dumbest question in the world. She shook her head breaking out of her glare and began to pace back and forth. She was starting to feel very anxious. She took a deep breath and grabbed Danielles arm dragging her into the pier entrance.

No one is going to know, right?

After a few minutes of silently walking around Kaylee finally felt at ease. No one had recognized her, nor asked questions. She had both her hands in her jacket pocket idly walking without any form of direction. "Is there anything you'd like to do first" kaylee asked her eyes focusing on the ground.

Kaylee thought for a moment think of how perfect this place was for a date.

Cliche 1, mystery 0.

It was kinda of disappointing to say the least. She already had the perfect idea in her mind. First they would walk around looking at the pretty lights, then they will play a few games probably getting really competitive and Kaylee will swoon of Danielle by winning her a prize then they will either go on the fairest wheel before going to a nice restaurant to eat. Kaylee couldn't help but laugh at how stupidly easy it was to make a game plan. How are people bad at dating.

"How about we ride the rollercoaster" Danielle said clapping her hand together in excitement. Kaylee was a little taken back. It wasn't light watching but close enough. Danielle dragged Kaylee to the rollercoaster line waiting for their turn. It was at this point when she noticed how close people were to her. If anyone saw closely they would recognize her.