Chapter 27: Give Me A Purpose

Danielle was laying down on the bed watching as Kaylee slept next to her. Her breathing was slow and steady, calm... she looked peaceful. Kaylee was back and Danielle couldn't be happier. 2 months had passed and Danielle was scared that they were slowly drifting apart. There were times she's wanted to go to her and be with her. But she was always to scared. She was scared of messing everything up, so she stayed hidden. Only leaving the house to go to work or hang out with her cousins. Time to time she'd hang out with her new friends but Danielle always felt alone still. Like the out cast of the group still. But with Kaylee it was were she belonged.

When Danielle saw Kaylee's Audi pull into the drive way she thought she was dreaming. But it wasn't until she got out that car, it was really her girlfriend, she ran down the stairs and jumped into her arms. For the first time in months she was genuinely happy.

When Kaylee entered the house she saw Jenny nervously waving. Kaylee smiled and greeted her friend before deciding it was best to finally get some sleep before catching up. She thought even if this was a dream she'd at least be by Danielle side and wake up happy when it was over. So she took the younger girls hand and walked up stairs falling into her king size bed that was freshly made. It smelled clean; Danielle probably washed them earlier. It was a nice scent. Her favorite as it smelled like her girlfriend. And drifted off to sleep holding her girlfriend hand.

Now here they were both in each other's arms not wanting to let go. It wasn't until Danielle heard the vibration of Kaylees phone go off by the drawer. She reached for it, taking the phone into her hand looking at the screen. Cruella De' Vil... she knew Makena was calling for the umpteenth time. This time Danielle decided to answer.

"Hello" Danielle spoke softly trying not to wake up her girlfriend.

"Kaylee" the older woman screamed through the phone. It was loud enough that Danielle moved the phone away from her ear.

"Nope Kaylee isn't here at the moment. May i take a message" Danielle rolled her eyes.

"Can i take it your the infamous Danielle Rose" Makena sternly spoke.

"That depends who's asking"

"Ms. Danielle I know you're new to this side of the social norm so I'm going to keep this brief. Kaylee Bryant needs to be here to finish shooting a movie. She's under contract"

"I'm very much aware. But it was her decision to come here. I
thi-"

"Ms. Danielle, I would advise you to steer your nose away from something that has nothing to do with you. Your little relationship is costing Kaylee her career. Do you know what will happen to her if she breaks contract.... let me tell you. If Kaylee isn't back here by the end of the week she will be blacklisted from the entire industry. What do you think her fans would say... blame you for her failed caree while she was at her peak." Makena cut the younger girl off. She kept a calm tone explaining the situation almost as if she was a kid in trouble. But there was some kind of threat in her voice.

"Shouldn't it be up to Kaylee if she wants to return or not" Danielle scoffed.

"Tell me Ms Danielle. Does Kaylee know about your previous relationship with Mr Andrew Carter. The social influencer with the big ego. I hear his mouth is just as big."

"I don't know what you're talking about" Danielle slowly sat up onto the bed. She swallowed hard all her emotions.

"You're a very smart girl. 4.5 gpa... captain of both the cheer squad and the girls soccer team at your high school back in New Jersey. Tell me how much of your lies have you been feeding onto Kaylee. She's a very vulnerable girl, very trusting of people. She cares too much. She's but a mere child. How long do you think your lies will last." Danielle could feel the wide grin Makena was getting over the phone. Danielle was speechless. Unable to think. Every time she'd open her mouth the words didn't seem to come out.