Chapter 42: Confrontation

"Yo!. I'm not here right now, so leave a message! Make it short, make it sweet, or I'll have to press delete." Kaylees cheery voicemail played in Danielle ear for the millions time. She hated it, knowing Kaylee was ignoring her, but just hearing her voice even through voicemail still made Danielle get butterflies.

It had been nearly 3 months since Kaylee went on hiatus in her career and the world. She hadn't made music or been in anything on screen, nor made a social media post. Many fans started to worry and some speculated a nasty breakup between the two. Though others only assumed the pair got married and are enjoying their honeymoon away from the public eye. Still no one knew the truth that Kaylee just disappeared, out of Danielle's life. The day Kaylee left Danielle was informed by Jenny that Alex had also left the hospital. Despite the many attempts to get to them there was nothing she could do.

Danielle tried to contact kaylees pilot to see if he knew where kaylee was, if she traveled somewhere but no one gave the girl any information. She called Kaylees friend Hailee Steinfeld but she too didn't know anything about Kaylee. Either they knew something and weren't speaking or they genuinely didn't know.

"I had an interview today." Danielle began as she felt the knot in her throat starting to form. "They Uh- asked about you. About us. I didn't know what to say so I just told them that we were fine. That you were focusing on your music." Danielle inhaled slowly only to release a shaking breath tears now freely running down her face. "I don't think you realize how much you hurt me when you left. Even now you're still hurting me. Kaylee it's one thing you leaving, but it's another when I don't know where you're at or what you're doing. And that scares me more then anything. God I don't even know how many voicemails I send hoping you would answer back. Hoping that my voice would be enough to put your mind at ease like yours does to me. But now... I can't listen to you on the radio or see you on tv without feeling so hurt. All I've done since you left is worry about you I stopped worrying about myself. I am in pain Kaylee and you did this. The person who's suppose to me more than anything and I hate how you're still the only person I want" Danielle finally hung up the phone burying her face in her arms.

Everyday since Kaylee left when Danielle wasn't searching for her, she would send her voicemails. It always started and ended the same. Danielle will tell Kaylee about her day only to break down by the end, either cussing the girl out or expressing her hurt and sadness. She didn't know what to do. But worst of all she hated how she now had to put on a mask to hide her pain. A mask that showed off that bright smile no one knew was fake.

Danielle was startled when she felt someone touch her shoulder. She quickly shot up to see Jenny kneeling down. She rubbed her younger cousins arm trying to comfort her but it only made Danielle break down more. She fell into her cousins arm sobbing.

"Just let it out. It's going to be okay" Jenny softly spoke rubbing soothing circles on the blue eyed girls back.

"How... how do you keep going when the worst thing has happened?"

"Dani" Jenny hugged her tightly.

"It's the loneliness feeling and I can't take it." Danielle pulled back trying hard to dry her tears but she couldn't.

"I know but it will get better. You will get better. And when you do you'll forget about Kaylee"

"I don't want to forget about Kaylee. If I'd of know accepting the Stupid Fucking roll would cause Kaylee to leave I would of never accepted it."

"Dani she asked you to take it. It was her choice not yours."

"You're wrong Jenny. The night before Kaylee left she asked me if I wanted to continue with the roll. That if I wanted it she will back off... she told me she'd leave and I didn't know." Danielle eyes widen with realization. Kaylee wanted Danielle to be happy, and in doing that she had to leave. She wanted to give Danielle her own spotlight.