Chapter 22: Crowded Room

Danielles heart was racing. She didn't know why she was so nervous. She could feel the sweat of her palms as she held tightly to her steering wheel. She didn't know whether to be happy to finally hang out with friends and going to a club or nervous thinking the worst possible outcome of looking like an idiot. Danielle took a breath as she pulled up to the club. Come on you're Danielle Rose Russell, life of the party, just like old times and not go overboard. Danielle thought to herself. She was brought out of her thoughts when she saw her phone light up as it buzzed in the cup holder.

Maddie: We just got here. We're by the entrance in front of the building. Where are you?
Dani: Just got here. I'm about to get out of my car
Maddie: where I don't see you?
Maddie: wait is that your car?

The butterfly doors to the Matte Black McLaren P1 opened and Danielle stepped out as one of the people working Valet helped her out. Her new found friends looked at her in awed. Danielle flicked a piece of hair out of her shoulder to the back walking past the large crowed. The bass of the music began thumbing in her chest. Her ears began to pick up the muffled singing that was coming from inside. She smiled nodding them towards the front where the bouncers were. They were big and bulking one would mistake them for bodybuilders. They had on black v-necks with dark jeans. Danielle gulped taking in another breath.

"Name" one yelled over the music. He didn't show any emotion or anything just began looking through the iPad.

"Ah... Danielle... Danielle Rose Russell" Danielle hesitated a bit still nervous. But was proud of herself for giving her name. The bouncers looked at one another talking and pointing at the screen. The bouncers with the dark brown skin and hazel eyes raised his hand signaling to show ID. Danielle took her ID from her pocket and handed it to the guard. Her friends doing the same. He happily handed it back to the owners looking once more at the tablet.

"Follow me" he smiled opening the velvet ropes allowing the group to enter. As soon as they step in, Danielle could feel the banging in her chest as if someone was hitting her with a sludge hammer. The club was fairly dim as the only light source came from the strobe lights. Confetti was falling from the ceiling as everyone in the club was dancing. It all felt slow motion. Walking past the bar and walking up the steps still following the bouncer; she saw them. Celebrities after celebrities hanging around dancing and drinking. She saw Nicki Minaj pour champagne on a glass pyramid. Jay- Z and Beyoncé dancing. Ariana Grande on the table dancing with a few of her friends. She was even accidentally sprayed with champagne when Tyga shook the bottle and sprayed it all over the place. A scene that one can only see on TV yet it was right in front of her.

The bouncer finally stopped, removing the velvet ropes from an empty VIP section. The group was happy to take their seats as drinks began to be served. The bouncer grabbed Danielle arm and leaned in. "Ms Bryant is paying for the drinks and the vip treatment so don't hesitate to ask for anything. I will personally be here to insure your safety so you can have fun." The bounce yelled over the music. Danielle nodded and turned to her friends. The bouncer walked a few feet away from the table. It was enough to mask his presence but still be able to keep an eye on the table. He looked around and saw other bodyguards walking around the venue all with the same orders. Keep Danielle from prying eyes and hands.

Hands in the air as bodies brushed against one another. Danielle didn't know how to feel about the atmosphere, only that it was astronomical. Amazing. She hadn't drank anything yet and was only sitting on the couch while her friends were looking all around taking it in. Maddison was the first to approach the girl giving her a glass of some form of alcohol. Danielle gladly took it.