Chapter 30: Now You Know

Danielle and Jenny finally made it home from the park. But even so Danielle felt her blood run cold when she stepped foot into the house. She felt like a stranger in the one place she felt like home. Danielle didn't even know why she drove back to Kaylees house when she could of gone to her own house where she lived with Phoebe but she didn't.

Once they walked to the main area both girls began to hear piano music. They looked around wondering which room it was coming from, but Danielle quickly realized it was coming from Kaylees bedroom. Her heart started racing as she quickly ran up the stairs hoping Kaylee was finally back. By the time she got to the room, the doors slid open and she saw Kaylee as she played the piano. Jenny looked at Danielle and gave her a soft smile before walking out of the room to give the two time alone to talk.

Danielle slowly and cautiously walked over to the older girl. She sat down next to her on the piano stool causing Kaylee to jump up just a little bit at the presence that unknowingly made their way to her. It took her a minute to calm down and sit back down. Kaylee didn't say anything, she just continued to fiddle with the piano keys for a moment.

"Are you okay" Kaylee said above a whisper.

"Are you okay Kaylee" Danielle voice was also soft and quiet.

"Peachy... Shouldn't you be at the diner and-"

"Dumping food on people is only a privilege given to you" Danielle blue eyes twinkled and despite Herself, Kaylee almost laughed. Almost. It was too easy to get stuck into Danielle way and the memories of things use to be.

"Right" Kaylee looked straight ahead continuing to play her piano and writing on a note book. "That. Shouldn't you be working"

"You do realize I get time off, right" Danielles tone was light, and Kaylee felt bad for pushing her off. Kaylee tapped her pencil on her notebook for a bit before turning to face her girlfriend. "Besides" Danielle continued. "I wanted to talk to you... about last night. About how stupid, I was."

Kaylee almost shook her head. Kaylee didn't know if Danielles was the one to apologize or was it her. After all it was Kaylee who made Danielle angry in the first place. Then again Danielle did say some hurtful things.

"If anyone should apologize It's me." Kaylee said before she could stop herself.

"And how's that?" Danielle lips twitch up into a grin, no doubt because she knew they were talking things out and there was light that their relationship could be saved and everything would be okay.

"I did dig around your personal life. But you also said some hurtful words. I... feel used and hurt... and... and" Kaylee turned around trying to hide her emotions. She slammed her hands on the piano standing up in frustration. "Danielle I flew all the way out here to make it work. Because I missed you..."

"And I missed you too. I am sorry. I'm sorry that I took out my frustration on you after you've done nothing but love me and be kind to me... and I'm sorry I said you should be used. It's just. You're to good... to kind. To caring, and-"

"Danielle, we've been disconnected for months. We're doing our own thing. You're here, me over there trying to find one moment in the day to talk even for a minute. And the first thing we do when we see each other; we began arguing. About something little"

"What's happening here" Danielle got up from her seat slowly walking towards the older girl who was looking out the window.

"We don't have to try to make it work... it should just... work" Kaylee finally turned to face the blue eyed girl. She could see it in Danielle body that she was scared and worried. She was shaking slightly as she was blinking away the tears. "Danielle If we're going to get pass this then, we need to work this out. Talk things out."