Chapter 33: Calm Before The Storm

"And we're live in 3-2-1" Alex pointed at us indicating that the cameras were rolling. I kept looking at Danielle who was staring down on the ground, or looking away trying to avoid looking at me. I knew she was on the verge of anxiety thinking somehow this was all going to bite me in the ass by management. She cared about me and my career, but it wasn't something she should at the moment. Not now at least.

"Hello, everybody... I'm Jenny Boyd and I'm here with the one and only Kaylee Bryant." Jenny smiled and gestured to me as I waved at the camera in front. "Now Kaylee, I want to thank you for inviting me into your home and sitting down to talk about the rumors that have been circulating the past couple of days" she paused a bit looking at Danielle and back to me. she knew the plan... we all knew the plan, but I didn't want to force it on to Danielle. Even if she herself agreed.

Alex was in the kitchen on her laptop eating a bowl of ice-cream when jenny walked in. Jenny sat in the bar stool in front of the green-eyed girl dropping her head and brushing her hair back. Alex raised a brow still eating her ice cream. jenny let out a heavy sigh, but Alex was unfazed. she did it once more and still no reaction by the girl in front of her. it wasn't until jenny laid her head on the marble counter, were Alex looked around and awkwardly patting the blond on her head. Jenny finally raised her head glaring at the girl.

"you know you're really bad comforting people" jenny rolled her eyes

"comforting people means you have to care about their feelings..." Alex shrugged. "but ill bite... what's wrong jenny, did something happened" Alex asked sarcastically.

"Danielle and Kaylee are about to talk it out, or at least that's what I'm hoping for" jenny confided. as much as she loved her cousin, she knew Danielle would try to avoid her past as much as possible until she had no choice. Jenny had told Danielle during their walk in the park that she should tell Kaylee. Not so she could find some form of justification, or redemption but so that she can finally let it out and not have to hold it in. Maybe Kaylee could help Danielle move past it and help the younger girl find some form of closure.

"you don't have to worry about Kaylee. she loves Danielle to much to let her family life get in between them. Kaylee understands or at least she wants to try and understand the situation"

"wait you know" jenny asked curiously now giving the girl her full attention.

"what? that Danielle's family is nothing but addicts who made her life hell, of course... There are articles talking about their disgraceful family... their words not mine" Alex made sure to add the last part. She noticed jenny straighten her back a bit as she became tense.

"Danielle's life hasn't been the easiest... her parents blame her for their lives going down hill. her brother was the golden child while she was nothing. however that didn't stop her from living her life to the fullest and trying to be happy. Getting jobs here and there to make some money just for herself. i tried to help her as best as i could." Jenny took Alex's spoon and grabbed a bit of the ice cream eating it. Alex brought a finger to her chin thinking.

"there were a lot of that on the new articles i read. Kaylee told me not to worry about it, but you know what they say about cats and curiosity" Alex sighed

"She came to me the day Andrew killed one of the towns favorite elderly old man. His name was Mr. Jamison and he was the sweetest man you'd ever meet. He was the only one in town who helped Danielle become a straight A student as well as her passion for soccer when she was a kid. told her if she ever needed to get her frustration out to kick around the ball has hard as she could instead of holding it in. A really kindhearted man." Jenny smiled as the memories began to fill her head. its been a while since she had those thoughts. she could of swore she had almost forgot about them completely. "because of what Andrew did, Danielle couldn't help but blame herself... he gaslighted, manipulated, did everything he could to keep Danielle quiet about the situation. she was so scared, that by the time they had broken up... Danielle was nothing but an empty shell, broken."