Chapter 20: Friends Are Fun?

After the nightmare Danielle had that night, she hung onto her girlfriend so tightly still wondered if it was a dream. Kaylee felt for the girl. She was scared and didn't know what to do to calm Danielle down. It was just a dream she told herself but to her girlfriend it was real, it was on constant repeat playing over and over. If she got on that plane she will die. That's what Danielles mind began to wonder too.

Kaylee had delayed her departure while they figured what they were going to do. Makena was furious at Kaylee for canceling her flight that day but Kaylee assured her that she will be arriving when she arrives even if it took her a few days. Of course this didn't sit well with Makena nor with production but Kaylee couldn't careless.

"Kaylee the reports came back on both aircrafts. None of them have any problems. They are both suited for departure whenever you're ready. However if you wanna take commercial I can book first class for the last flight. And if you want to drive I can get the Gt ready" Alex gave Kaylee a full report on the situation as well as a solution. Alex thought this whole situation was ridiculous, but she wasn't going to say anything. Danielle cares for their safety which was enough for Alex to go the extra mile to ensure that everything was well taken care of.

"Get the jet ready. We have to leave as soon as possible. The producers aren't happy with me right now so I need to leave within the hour." Kaylee said as she got her suitcase into the car. Kaylee turned to see Danielle sitting on the steps to the front door hiding her face in her arms. She took a deep breath and walked over to her girlfriend. She squatted down kissing the blue eyed girl on her head. She could hear faint sniffling before Danielle rose her head to look at Kaylee. Tears streaming down her face.

"Don't go" Danielle whimpered softly.

"We went over this babe. And I really have to go. Are you going to stay here or join me at the airport." Kaylee softly spoke still trying to comfort the young girl. All Danielle could do is shake her head. She wanted to stay.

"No. I want to stay"

"Okay... alright then. Then I'll say my proper goodbyes" Kaylee leaned in and kissed Danielle gently as she caressed her cheek wiping away her tears her worries and sadness. "I love you Danielle. I'll call you when I land. I promise nothing, and I mean nothing will keep us apart. So don't be scared. I'm only a phone call away... just wait for me to come home." Kaylee whispered, forehead resting on Danielle.

"I love you Kaylee. I love you so much." Danielle pulled Kaylee into another kiss. They had to pull apart when Kaylees phone rang. She looked at it and sure enough it was Makena. Kaylee hung up the phone, kissed her girlfriend once more before pulling away and walking back to the car.

"Remember my love, one phone call and I'll be on the first flight home" Kaylee said before the doors to her car closed and making It's way out of the drive way.

Once the car was out of sight Danielle couldn't help but walk back inside the now empty house. She walked straight into Kaylees bedroom and into her closet taking a hoodie and putting it on. She laid on the bed under the covers crying as she tightly hugged the pillow. Danielle removed the covers when her phone pinged. She saw an I LOVE YOU text from her girlfriend. Danielle smiled slightly replying with the same message. Her eyelids became heavy, dropping her phone and her body finally relaxed and sleep took over the sad girl.

*Ring*....*Ring*

Danielle was awoken by the sound of her phone going off. She was still in a daze, confused in where she was, as well as suffering from a massive headache from all her crying. She grabbed her phone from the nightstand and check the ID. Her girlfriend was calling. She quickly began to clear her throat and finally answered.