fifty seven

hi everyonnee <3333 

sorry this is coming out late asdadsfl im in the process of literally moving so i couldnt find the time but here i am. this is shorter than usual but i'll update again in like 2 days to make up for it LOLLL

i love you hope you enjoy this chapter regardless

btw i read all ur comments dfskldjf u guys are so funny and it makes my day every time 

You woke up hours later without Levi Ackerman and without the moon smiling down on you two. Instead, you were greeted with a dark ceiling and a few nudges to your shoulder.

"(Y/N), wake up."

Absentmindedly, you turn your head towards the voice and immediately recognized it as Reiner. He frowns and you sit up.

"Where is Levi?" Is the first thing you say and it almost makes Reiner want to puke.

As he notices your shaking hands and widened eyes, he could only sigh. "Not here, that's for sure."

You want to punch yourself for falling asleep back there, then perhaps you would have devised a plan with Levi to escape. The regret began to sink in and you tripped over yourself, lunging forward at Reiner.

"Let me stay here, please!" You clench onto his unsuspecting shirt and tugged at it. "Please, please, please. Let me stay, I don't want to go anymore. I change my mind."

Reiner looks at you and blinks, realizing that you didn't yet notice where you were. "Take a look around you, (Y/N)."

The grip on his shirt loosens and your eyes observe the surroundings. It was a small area built with worn down wood and old pillows for comfort, you feel the bumpy movements below you, then the sounds of horses.

"Where am I?" You manage to say through a broken voice.

"We're on route to Marley."

"Who's...Marley?"

Reiner scoffs and readjusts himself on the uncomfortable cushion beneath him. He does not say a word to you for the rest of the journey, even if he wanted to tell you to quiet down when all he could hear were your sobs. 

And it seemed as though you were crying for the rest of the trip, which was wearing down Reiner's thinning patience. He still says nothing, just opens a small window. 

The air is refreshing for you both, which somewhat composes you. Although hiccupping from your constant cries, you felt the comfort of the wind.

"Do you have water?" You say between hiccups. 

Once Reiner deems that you're fully calm, he hands you a canteen half-filled with water. More so, he throws it at you but you successfully catch it. After a gulp, you thank him.

"Do you know what you will name that child?" Reiner asks after some time, mostly because you weren't crying  anymore and he was bored.

"Not yet," you hold back a sniffle. "Levi never told me."

There is a moment where you think. Then you continue once more. "Come to think of it, I guess he did but... I don't think he was being serious."

Reiner only nods in response.

There are so many questions, do many things you long to discuss despite Reiner's intimidating demeanor. But at the same time, there was nothing to lose right now. You were already obliging to whatever their plan was, aware that it was already too late for you to go back. And even if you were to escape here and now, you were unsure of how to find your way back.

You spend much of the early parts of the journey falling in and out of sleep. Every single time you wake up, you notice that Reiner was still awake and  you wonder why he wasn't indulging in a nap. Really, it was because he had to keep a watchful eye on you.

After a considerable amount of time spent trapped within the carriage, the horses outside come to a halt. Reiner grunts as he swings open the doors of the worn down carriage. There appears to be no other way to exit, leaving you no choice but to follow Reiner out.

When you hop out, you are met with the rising sun making its first appearance in the sky. The stars are slowly disappearing to the other side of the world alongside the moon, it is the last thing you saw with Levi. And you ached to see it leave.

However, the sky is not what captivates you, it is the enormous wall and intricate pattern of the pavement below you. Also the water. There is a lot of water separated into docks, one with a reasonably sized boat awaiting for your arrival. It was like nothing you had ever seen before.

"Reiner... What is thi—" You look up towards him, but he's walking away and you notice Bertolt jumping down from the front. 

"Jeez, can you drive the carriage back this time." He comes from behind with his hand scratching the back of his neck. "Oh, (Y/N). How was the ride?"

You cannot tell if Bertolt's kindness was real, his voice was warm and friendly unlike Reiner. He walks up towards you. "I know you're confused but... I think at this point you'll know everything that's happening."

"Are you going to explain?" You tilt your head, crossing your arms in hopes to warm yourself up from the morning cold.

Bertolt looks at Reiner, then at you. "Not us."

Then he points at the boat, "They will."