forty nine

i missed you all sm omg, i won't say much so yall can get back to the story <3

this chapter has been a work in progress for THREE WHOLE FUCKING YEARS bc my dumb ass rlly lost motivation lol so like parts of this chapter was written 3 years ago 

i remember everything and how i want things to end so dw again. 

ALSO, i know its been years since the first season of attack on titan came out and that many of you have probably seen everything but just know that this chapter has spoilers for the whole show for those of you who havent seen it all.

not me editing 320492 times after publishing anyways, you dont have to listen to the piano song i linked but its basically the song that plays at the end of this chapter when the italics begin.

ok i've said more than i wanted to sdjfhsdjkf

OK FINAL EDIT FROM THE FUTURE LOL IN LATER CHAPTERS ILL BE CHANGING [Name] to (Y/N) bc of the demand hnng soo dont worry

as always, ty for reading ill give u guys levi pillows and levi kisses

-

"[Name]," Levi's muffled voice struck you out of your thoughts. "You're the only one I have left, I don't know what I would do if you weren't here with me."

"[Name]..."

"[Name], wake up."

The sun kissed his face, almost as softly as you would have done. You would have sworn he was about to cry, but the way his eyes constantly drew themselves to your lips said otherwise. He had lost his squad and all he had was you. He wasn't going to admit it, but you knew him too well. In this moment, you knew that all he wanted was you.

An unfamiliar voice filled the air. You had no time to figure out who the voice belonged to; your immediate thought ran off to Levi. 

Your hand, one that had just played a role in acts of violence and malice, suddenly seemed so pure and innocent when it softly cusped Levi's face. Lightly, you breathed as you closed your eyes, bringing your lips to kiss his forehead.

"Don't you remember what I said?" You told him, pulling back and staring into his cold, steel eyes.

"What is it?"

The brightness of the sun forced your eyes to open up to a blue sky. An abrupt wave of emotions overcame your sense of being as you tried so desperately to recall everything that had just happened. It felt as though something was missing.

You sat up to find yourself leaning against the trunk of a rather thick tree at the edge of a small forested area. Before you was an empty field, which brought you profound torment. Your friends, squad mates, and Levi couldn't be seen anywhere. No horses indicated any sign of a familiar person. 

Your throat closed up as interwoven emotions—fear, panic, confusion, and even curiosity—caused your hands to shake; you were overwhelmed. 

"[Name]." The voice, which was now recognizable, averted your attention towards the speaker.

"A-Annie?" You had recognized the blonde woman almost instantly, which almost relieved you of your anxiety. Just almost.

It was only when you spoke that you realized how dry your mouth was, the way you had formulated her name in your mouth seemed much more difficult than it should have. 

"How..." It took you a while to look for the words to say. 

Annie didn't blame you for it. She looked at you, eyes cold and stoic, which reminded you of Levi.