thirty seven

im so mad >.> i study for a test but even so, i dont get a decent grade.

im doing something wrong with life.

okay okay, time to read.

-

The race had begun.

And the first thing on my mind was how pointless this whole thing was. We could of been fine with regular 3DMG training, but obviously, something that dull wouldn't of have satisfied Hanji's fun mind of hers.

At first, I didn't mind about who was going to win, especially if the prize wasn't that spectacular. I kept myself at a moderate speed, grappling tree branches and just swinging to the finish line.

All was well until I saw Petra going surprisingly fast. And so at that moment, I knew I had to at least end this race with me ahead of her.

I dared myself to grapple onto a tree branch that was far enough to be considered a challenge, but with skill I eventually passed by Jean and Connie. They both watched me swoop by in awe and I only smiled proudly.

Petra was only at an estimated six meters ahead of me, right in front of Eren and a few others.

"Eren! Let me pass you!" I screamed within seconds of noticing him, grappling a tree.

"What? Are you insane?! Of course not, I need to win!" He shouts back at me, whilst slightly looking back at me in the midst of pulling farther away.

"Sorry, too late!" I managed to say through the wind blowing at me.

It was quick, but when I passed Eren, I could feel myself grow proud as I slowly inched closer to Petra.

One more swing and...

"Nice try, [Y/N], but you can't get away that easily!" Eren suddenly passes by me in less than a second, taking me aback.

"What the hell... Eren!" I exclaimed and he chuckled.

This kid, I swear.

He swung by me in less than a second after I had just finally passed him, and by now, Petra had gone farther.

God, why do I even care anyways?

Is it because I want to prove myself more superior than her? Of course.

Even so, after taking away the guy she liked, I still feel no satisfaction from it all. Maybe it's just an instinct for me to prove myself better, like revenge for doing such shit things.

So using anger and revenge as adrenaline for motivation, the velocity and speed of my pace picked up quickly and in no time I passed Eren.

"See you later! Gayger!" I laughed a little, seeing his flushed face.

The figure of Petra in front of me drew closer as I flew closer to her with every swing.

I could pass her right now with one more swing. But I felt my mind grow distant, and the world around me seemed as if it had slowed down.

I was so caught up with beating her that I haven't even taken the time to realize that Mikasa had already reached the finish line.

With no rationality, my feet gently landed on the ground as everyone still rushed to get to the finish line.

My eyes first looked at everyone who took a short glance at me before continuing to zip forward. I walk towards Hanji, who had slowly shifted herself closer to the finish line.

She eyed me, puzzled.

"What are you doing, [Y/N]?"