sixty two

hiiii i hope you all are doing well <3

i really hope you enjoy this chapter,,,, , take care of urselves babes and ill see you guys in the next one

"Gabi? Where are my kids?"

The adolescent brunette twitched her brow and her friend, Falco, began sheepishly scratching the back of his head. And as if to physically escape from your upcoming outrage, Gabi had hid herself behind Reiner's torso.

"(Y/N)—" Reiner pulled his hand out towards you, like it was going to stop you from slapping his face, which it definitely didn't.

"No! You were the adult in charge and you really couldn't keep an eye on them? You didn't even have to buy them food, all I wanted was for you guys to watch over them, literally, the bare minimum." You slapped your hand against your forehead and frowned.

As time passed in Marley, you found it much easier to talk back to Reiner, and also Porco who you thought deserved being talked back to. So you turned towards him and watched as his snicker turned into a scowl.

"As for you, Porco. I get that you're more of a child than an adult but seriously? Are you going to ever be useful?" 

"Gabi said she was going to take care of them, not me." 

"Porco Galliard, if you say one more word, I swear I'll turn into the—"

Pieck immediately grabbed your shoulders. With a reassuring smile she had pulled you away from the men, lowering your fist that was ready to meet Porco's jaw. "Ah, (Y/N). Surely we can find them."

Impassively, you looked at Pieck and then at the crowds of people walking in all directions, then back at her. She gulped, slightly worried but she still managed to keep a smile on her face.

"Are you sure about that?" You said and gestured back to the group behind you, "you think those idiots can help find Isabel and Farlan?"

Falco, with a heart of steel and trying eyes, stepped forward as if he could defuse your anger. "With the power of friendship, I think we can find them!"

"Mrs. Ackerman, I-I'm sorry." Gabi revealed herself, along with her blonde friend, Zofia.

You exhaled sharply and kneeled to her height, "you promised, remember?"

"Yeah..." She replied, voice slow and elongated. 

"As for you," You looked towards Falco. "Don't assume I'd be friends with those two idiots with dog water for brains."

Approximately two hours after your dispute with Reiner, Porco, and the kids, you and Pieck were desperately looking through every alleyway and street, even beyond the festival. 

Pieck was in attendance for most of the search but she reasoned that she had other important duties to attend to. A strange clown had joined you quite a bit after, for as long his schedule allowed him for. However, as his hours ended, he told you that he must attend Willy Tybur's performance. 

Although creepy, the clown was helpful much to your surprise. The odd character remarked that he had seen two children that fit your description of tiny and probably holding hands.  He also mentioned that they tagged along with a group of adults in suits, which definitely made your heart clench.

Another hour passed, yet no children.

The crowds of the festival are thinning because they're making their way to the main stage, a theatre-like area where the Tybur family will be making a grand speech, as Pieck had mentioned earlier.