forty six

i would like to thank everybody who has been so dearly patient for this update. BLESS UP BC I FINALLY WROTE THIS. and for everyone who commented saying to take all the time you need, i really appreciate it :'). tbh you guys mean so much to me, so much that we're now friends.

LIKE FOR REAL, I WAS READING COMMENTS AND??? YOU GUYS ARE SO FUNNY I LOVE IT. YOU GUYS GIVE ME INSPIRATION SO CONGRATS TO YOU I LOVE YOU.

during this long ass break of not writing for this story, ive actually been trying to improve my writing style. so, i really hope that you can enjoy the story from now on in a better perspective because i was rereading old chapters and wtf it's so cringy??? kms.

AND i also want to thank those who followed me on instagram, love u.

I MEAN LIKE WHOA WE REACHED 1 MILLION I AM SCREAMING???????? I REMEMBER WHEN I POSTED THIS A YEAR AND A HALF AGO OR SOMETHING AND I WAS SO NERVOUS AND THIS BOOK HAD LIKE NO READS and at the time I had no experience in writing and i was like hmmhmhmhmmhmh ok ha.

okay but remember when I said stuff about a time skip?? THIS IS KIND OF IT?? LIKE THE START OF IT?  TBH I DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING. I HOPE ITS NOT SHIT.

anyways, no questions for this one. let's get right into it.

-

After departing on a mission to find a route to Shiganshina, the Survey Corps encountered an intelligent female titan. Soldiers fell on after the other, this was as if it was a competition to who would finally reach the end of their lives. And while the count of deaths kept increasing, the survivors ran into a forest of giant trees, with not a clue as to why they were doing so.

As Eren's hand neared his own mouth, Petra called for him. "Eren, please believe in us."

And it all happened too fast.

Eren never bit his hand, on Levi's behalf after had yelled at him to make a decision. And he just mentally cursed himself when he looked back at the female titan, getting closer and closer within the few seconds that separated them.

"Target is accelerating!" Eld shouted.

"Faster! We'll outrun it!" Levi commands.

But Levi knew very well that they couldn't outrun it, she was too fast.

Maybe it was a miracle, or just the brain of an influential man behind all of this, but no one was hurt. Nobody screamed in agony or fear, just a booming voice of a man who shouted "FIRE!"

As Levi's squad continued on their horses with their hearts nearly jumping out of their bodies and souls begging for rest, arrows shot from every which way, the noise screeching in attack mode. There were tons of arrows, all enough to trap the female titan in one spot. She had her hands protect the back of her neck, and she stood in a stance that would seem uncomfortable if one stood like that long enough.

"The Survey Corps...captured the titan..alive?" Eren's voice was in shock, matching the expression on his face when he had realized what was happening. This had only caused the other members to confirm how great the Survey Corps actually was, proving Eren that this was the power they had.

Levi had no time to deal with this, he aimed his 3DMG to the trunk of a tree where the Commander stood. "Looks like it's immobilized."

"We can't let our guard down," Erwin says, earnestly. There was a long silence for him, allowing himself to apprehend Levi's words of praise to the rear squad who had taken their lives for this moment to happen. Erwin dares to question Levi, only to receive nothing but the same tone of voice and more words revolving around the topic.

When Levi finally stopped talking, he drew out his blade, glaring down at the female titan caught in lines of wires and arrows.

"Wait, Levi." Erwin says, "It's an eye for an eye."

Levi looks at him from the corner of his eye, keeping a still face.

Meanwhile, you stood warily on the large trees, blades held in both of your hands as you gulped. Titans were piling up against each tree trunk that you all stood upon. Beads of sweat threatened to form, and you were sure if it was because of the heat or of stress.

Although you were willing to keep up this act of being on the watch, your pounding headache seemed to have wanted to go against you. And the fact that dozens of noises from further into the forest kept going off didn't help at all.

"Let's move a bit, guys!" Jean shouts, and almost instantaneously, you shoot him a glare.

"I know this isn't the time to be complaining but...can you be quiet you're giving me a migraine." 

Jean sneered at you for a moment, but you had some sense in your words to him, this really wasn't the time. Instead of sneering back at you to counter the venom in your voice, he simply looked at Armin and they both jumped off the tree branch they stood upon, getting closer to an inching titan.

Although suddenly, an ear-piercing scream had erupted from deep in the forest, of course, one that only made your headache pound even harder. 

And instead of questioning the scream, you thought of yourself as you clenched the blades in your hand tighter. "What the fuck."

Everyone around you stood shock, almost trembling perhaps if you were to look a little closer. Albeit, when the screaming had finally came to a halt, everyone regained their usual composure, only for it to be replaced with more anxiousness and confusion. You glanced at Jean and Armin, who stood looking at the ground. 

"Wh-" This was an unsuspecting phenomenon occurring right beneath your eyes. All of the titan whom so eagerly wanted to reach for the soldiers on the trees began stampeding away, their stomps booming on the ground.

"(Y/N)! This isn't the time to be crying about your empty head! Come on!" 

"Jean, why you little--"

His figure suddenly zipped by you in a blur, followed by Armin who only took a short glance at you before looking right back ahead at the swarm of titans. Again, it was time for combat, something that your headache opposed at the moment. Though it would only lead to Jean complaining about your uselessness if you would just stand there and do nothing. 

You furrowed your brows and growled. "Shut up, Jean! You're one to talk!" 

Before you were even able to slice a titan, sudden bursts of blue smoke began rising out of the forest green, making you huff partly because of the disappointed.

Jean was ready to pounce off a tree trunk but stared owlishly at the blue stringed sky, "What?"

A hand was brought up to your forehead, and you wiped the sweat from it. "It's over already?"

"They want us to retreat back onto our horses..." Armin gawked.

"Hold on...Mikasa, is that you?"

Not in a million years have you ever felt more glad to see a familiar face, but that face had been tainted with absolute fear. Mikasa's usual expression was no longer there, and when Jean had seen her, he noticed it as well.

Mikasa didn't respond to your somewhat greeting, instead just zipped by like nothing else seemed to have existed around her. 

"Mikasa!" You shouted, but your words had not reached her. She was far beyond you.