twenty three

BORING CHAPTER CAUSE I NEED TO PRACTICE FOR AN IMPORTANT COMPETITION
PLEEASE ENJOY :D

-
Y/N's POV

"Hey Jean!" I shout, resting your tired hand overtop of the wooden table with the half-empty pen in my hands and the blank sheet of paper underneath it.

Jean turns back to me, converting his gaze from Armin to me.

"Yeah?" Jean says. He halts his conversation with Armin, almost immediately shushing him mid-sentenced.

"When is the party?" I ask him.

Jean gives you a look as though I were crazy, or perhaps stupid. He slaps his hand over his forehead and shakes his head slightly.

"Haven't you been paying attention to what you're writing down on those invites?" He sighs, looking back up to me.

I listen to his statement as I grab the first invitation that sat on the top of a neatly stacked pile, a pile that I thought would make Levi proud that I took an interest into keeping things organized.

Grabbing the invitation, the first thing I noticed that it was one in which that Levi had written on, judging by the writing, and I read it.

Dear Guest,
Your former friend Jean, would like to inform you of a spring break party that occurs tonight. I'm sorry for the quick notification of this but it would be great if you could make it in time at approximately 6:00 in the evening. Wear something formal/fancy.

Thanks.

Finishing reading the short note, my hands placed it back to its original spot on the top of the pile.

Turning back to Jean, I tilted my head at him.

"Tonight?" I tilt my head.

"Yes, tonight." He smiles.

"T-Then I shouldn't be here, I need time to-"

"Ohh [Y/N]~" A sing-song voice rang throughout the vacant hallways of the Survey Corps' headquarters. It interrupted what I was going to say.

It was Hanji, a bright and rather loud being. She skipped happily through the halls in search of you, ready to grab me for some time with her and her pet titans.

Finishing off the last invitation, a singing Hanji barged through Jean's door.

The first thing that I had noticed was the Survey Corps uniform, she didn't have to wear it, though she did anyways. In a way, she was like Levi, as he wore his too.

Jean popped up beside me, "H-hey! What are you doing here?"

Hanji proudly placed her arms on her hips and leans against the door frame. A smile crept upon her face as she pushed herself towards me, as I sit awkwardly while I put my pen down.

I hear Jean growl a little, and then I watch while he walks to Hanji.

"Well, I'm here to get [Y/N] of course!" Hanji says rather excitedly. She takes my wrist and pulls me along with her, only to be grabbed by Jean with my other wrist.

"She's not done here!" I hear Jean shout, sounding quite annoyed.

He pulls me so that you were closer to him, but just after that, Hanji pulls harder for me to end up free from Jean's grasp and for me to stand beside her in a woozy state.

"Well, toodle-loo horse face! See you at the party tonight!" She grins.

Not even a second after that, Hanji was quick to rush me out of that filthy room. I was thankful that I didn't have to spend more time in there, yet I was quite disappointed that I had to. Because now I had to spend time with those two titans, when I clearly thought that spring break would not consist of seeing any titan of any class whatsoever.

Hanji soon let go of my wrist once she knew that we were both were far from Jean's room, she continues walking at at a normal pace throughout the halls. All U ever did was follow her, not questioning anything until I had realized that the route we were taking wasn't towards the place where Hanji's pet titan's usually were.

I wanted to ask about this, but you didn't want to endure the upcoming long speech about wherever it was she was taking me.

So I followed, questions would be answered shortly once we were both actually there.

Hanji walked with a small smile on her face, she always did. I swear there was never a time when I saw her frown, cry, or even be unhappy for that manner. Even when Levi would say the cruelest things to her, she would always, most certainly, stay smiling.

Suddenly, Hanji stopped in front of a door. The most possible case was that the room behind that door belonged to her.

She glances over her shoulder, still smiling.

"I decided, [Y/N]." She begins with a deep exhalation as she opens the door before us.

"Since the party is tonight, I thought that we should-" Hanji stopped during her sentence to open the door fully.

And what I saw was a room filled with a variety of dresses.

I was the first to walk in, and I met Petra sitting on the edge of the bed. She smiled and waved, and all I could do was smile back.

Hearing the door shut, my eyes focus back on Hanji, whom seemed rather excited.

She continued on her sentence, "-We should pick out our dresses!"

My eyes lit up happily, "Hanji, thank you!"

"You shouldn't thank me, Petra was the one who got all these dresses!" Hanji says, pointing to Petra.

I sighed contently and made my way over to Petra, she seemed shy at this moment.

"Thank you Petra." I say.

"Oh, it's no big deal. Let's pick out a dress for tonight. Shall we?" Petra stands up from her sitting position, and she makes her way over to a table that displayed a whole selection of dresses to choose from.

I follow her behind, and Hanji did so as well.

"[Y/N], you should wear that one!" Hanji points to a long dress.

It was a shade of dark pink, having a thin layer of white fabric over top of the bottom half of the dress.

"Ew. No." I say, furrowing my brows and Hanji just laughs.

"Hm, maybe that one?" Petra pulls out her arm to reach for a dress on the table. She holds it up into the air, then holds it over my body as though checking how it would look if I were to actually wear it.

The dress seemed to have been knee-length, the ends being a light shade of [F/C] lace and the whole dress being a darker shade of [F/C]. It was a strapless dress, and had a bow tied around the waist area.

My eyes widened at the dress in front of me, "I-I love it!"

Quickly, I grab a hold of the dress, away from Petra's grasp and held it close to my body.

Petra and Hanji smiled at me being so content with it.

"Hey guys?" I step back a little and gazed up towards the two.

"Yeah?" They both hummed in unison, also, looking up towards me.

"What time is it?" I question.

Petra breaks away eye contact, she turns her head and stares at the clock that hung upon the dull wall.

"5:00." She turns back to me.

"W-We should get ready!" I exclaim, and they nod in agreement.

"Alright [Y/N]," Hanji pulls me towards her.

"Pamper yourself, enough to blow away Corporal!"