nine

this took me so long like woww, yet its short.

but i updated so its okay, i guess ;_;

-

Everyone was pleasant when lunch had finally arrived. When you and the other cadets begun training with your horses, it seemed like lunch was so far ahead to you all. You all worked hard to impress Captain Levi, in fears of him asking you to restart your training and do it until perfection, kind of like when he asks someone to clean. He'd always want it to be gleaming, if not, he'd offend you about your 'terrible' cleaning skills and you'd be asked to clean it again.

After everyone was done lunch, everyone was expected to return unarmed as the last training session since we were told of hand to hand combat but with a twist. Levi said that he needed to see the speed of your reflexes, by doing so, he'd make you guys file in a line to go against him. No one was really looking forward for this, and so, you all ate a tad bit slower than you all would usually do.

In the mess halls, you sat beside Eren, Mikasa, Armin and Jean. You ripped out a piece of bread that you and Mikasa shared, both of you weren't as hungry like you guys usually were, so you decided to share a loaf of bread instead of eating one whole one individually. As you placed the bread in your mouth, a certain someone walked up behind you and placed a steaming hot bowl of soup in front of you. You turned to see who had given you it, and it was Sasha. She looked envious and jealous for some odd reason, which you questioned.

"Sasha, why'd you give this to me?"

"Corporal Levi said that I should give it to you, he said he didn't like the soup." Sasha pouted, running off to her own table and you swore that you could see a few beads of tears escaping out of her eyes.

"If this is Captain's way of flirting then Horseface's pick up lines seem to have improved." Mikasa looks at the soup, then at you.

"Does this mean you're interested?!" Jean exclaimed, his eyes widening as he nearly jumped out of his seat.

"No."

"Oh."

You couldn't help but laugh out loud, you found it cute that Mikasa just bluntly said things to Jean without hesitation. Eren and Armin seemed to have laughed as well, but then quickly stuffed bread in their mouths to avoid the hardcore glare that Jean gifted them.

"Even so, [Y/N] seems flattered." Armin comments, pointing at your cheeks.

It was then when you realized of the tint of pink over your soft cheeks, you then quickly covered them with your small hands and kept your eye contact away from your friends.

"So that means, Levi's way of flirting works better than your stupid pick-up lines." Eren snickers as he adds on to Armin's statement, they both chuckled like they were still little children.

"Guys, h-he's not flirting." You say, finally dropping your hands from your cheeks to pick up the spoon, deciding to taste the soup.

"Whatever you say, [Y/N]. This might be a sign telling you that he wants your pus-"

You nearly spat out the soup in shock of what Eren was about to say, which earned a slap from Mikasa to Eren on the forehead.

"Don't think of such things." Mikasa scowled.

"Anyways," Armin awkwardly piped in, "[Y/N], um, how's the soup?"

You gulped down the warm liquid and felt the warmth travel down your throat, it was actually very delicious, you couldn't understand Levi's disliking towards the meal.

"It's really good." You answer, turning your head to Levi.

Levi was silent at his table, listening to his squad talk nonsense while he just sat there with tea in his hands. Like always.

"I swear he's like a human version of a rock sometimes." You thought. "He is still cute though."

Once you finished your soup, and when all the cadets finished their plain loafs of bread, Levi took notice and said to get ready for the last training session.

You walked out of the mess hall along with Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and Jean. Jean groaning in agony as he did not want to do this, though he understood of why we had to endure all of this hard work. So he said that all the cadets should hang out at night for some relaxation, and maybe drinking. Of course it was not going to be as crazy as the party he plans for spring break but you all decided that you guys needed some rest before tomorrow's mission.

Everybody met up outside, again. To the place where you all usually did your hand to hand combat training.

You all created a single file line, just as Levi told you to do before lunch. Connie stood first in line, he seemed afraid of his fate of battling with the Corporal, with Humanity's Strongest. Next was Sasha, she seemed just as nervous as Connie yet slightly even more. After her was Jean, then Eren. Behind Eren was you, after you was Mikasa and them Armin. You didn't bother to look past Armin, all you really focused on right now was the fight between Connie and Levi.

Hanji stood behind the two as if referee, she was the one whom would start the fight and say when the time was up.

You all watched as Connie shivered in nervousness while he stood a meter away in front of Corporal Levi. He was shaking in fear, and although you both never had really talked much, you felt bad for him.

"Ready? Fight!" Hanji shouted.

Soon, the fight had commenced and everyone begun cheering in joy and excitement, because, you guessed that it was entertaining to some people.