sixty one

hii im back hehe i had midterms so i couldn't write 😐 but anyways i think i got into the wrong program cause uni level chemistry gmfu 😄😄😄😄

anyways this chapter is sOOOOOO short BC IM STILL SO BUSYYYY but i felt bad for not updating in a long time so this is all i could write for now and soo as a result the writing in this might  be shit LOL 

dw tho we're getting back onto the schedule of updates every sunday-monday every week, which means better quality chapters :ppp

enjoy ! <3

-

Pieck invites herself to join you in your home as soon as you had opened the door for her. She waits and lounges in your living room, watching as you prepared two lightly steaming, porcelain cups with a matching teapot in front of her.

When you finally sat down next to her, she smiles at you warmly. She inquires you about your children, Isabel and Farlan, asking where they were at the moment and how well they've been growing the past few years.

"Isabel is much like her father," you remark, looking down at the intricacies of the teacup's design. It was hand crafted at the tea shop a few doors down, dotted with flowers that reminded you of Levi. 

Pieck laughs, "if she is then your husband must be funny. Even though he looked quite terrifying."

"How did he look when you saved Zeke?" You smiled softly into your tea, mostly to reminisce. "Was he injured?"

"He looked exhausted and angry," Pieck says. "Like everything that had happened to him up until that point manifested itself into pure hatred."

Your heart ached at this. He probably felt so alone, you thought. A look of concern began falling over Pieck's face, so she grabs your hand and places your half-filled teacup down to the table before you both.

"But he was left unscathed," she assures you. "Although, I almost grabbed him with me when I realized he was the Ackerman you were married to."

"I wish you would have," you jokingly say.

"He would have killed Zeke and I, I'm afraid." She tilts her head, "have you seen him around recently?"

"No," you scoff. "I haven't spoken to him in a while. I pissed him off when I teased him about Levi almost killing him."

Needless to say, it was comforting hearing them talk about Levi, despite there being some negative connotations. At least you knew he was alive and well. If only you didn't have kids, perhaps you would have seen him as well. However, while they went out on their own missions, you had to stay and take care of Isabel and Farlan. 

Pieck's grip on her tea glass tightens.

"Something feels so off today," she says. "Are you sure you don't wanna head down to the festival right now?"

"Like, right now? What's wrong with today?"

"I came today to tell you that everything seems so weird recently. Especially with how Zeke has been acting recently."

You couldn't comment much on that, since the recent conversations you had with Zeke were very limited. However, you grew to trust Pieck the most out of everyone in Marley. So you stood up and sighed.

"Okay, we're going right now."

"Um...Farlan?" Isabel holds her brother's hand tightly, welling eyes daring to fall into tears. "Where is we?"

In the midst of a large crowd, hundreds of strangers pass by the two children, unaware that the were in need of any adult assistance. Perhaps it was because of their small bodies that nobody could tend to them, they were too small to be noticed, especially in a festival where there were many other things to be distracted by.