Chapter 45: The End

Mikasa POV

"Hey, so how would you and Armin feel about coming over later this week?"

Eren had been calling me for awhile to check in, but the conversations hadn't really been conversations. They were just "Hey there?" "How're you doing?" "Is everything alright?" And never anything more. But this time, he started a full conversation, and I was just letting him speak. I don't want to admit it, but I'm worried about him. He just left that day, and I was too scared to go and get him back. But why is he speaking now? What happened in the past few days that would cause this?

He's practically inviting me to investigate. Maybe I'll get the FBI involved. I don't know, but if I see something even slightly off, I'm hijacking a car and we'll drive until the gas runs out and then hijack a few more cars until we're far enough away.

"Yeah."

Eren POV

I don't know why I spontaneously asked them to come over. I didn't even ask Levi. I just threatened to leave him to go with them, why would he ever say yes? I have to ask. They can't just come over. That's a terrible idea. Maybe I'll invite Annie and Hange over too. We can all have a movie night or something, and if I tell Levi that, maybe he'll understand why I did that because it would be awkward with us two and two people who barely know each other?

I've made up my mind. I have to ask him. Where is he?

I walk around the house until I find him. He's in the living room, staring at his phone. He almost looks...normal? But not really. But kinda.

"Hey, Levi, can Mikasa, Armin, Annie and Hange come over for a movie night tomorrow or something?"

"Sure."

"Wait, before you finalize, I just thought- wait did you say yes?"

He puts down his phone and looks up at me, "If you want to, let's do it."

Levi POV

This is the absolute last thing that I want right now. Why would I ever want his sister who tried to get him to run away with her and his friend who makes him laugh and smile more than I ever seem to do? Because this is what Eren wants, and if this is what he wants to do, I'm not going to stop him- as long as he doesn't try to leave. I'd travel around the globe with him if he asked, no questions.

He pretty much tackles me onto to couch, "Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!"

I don't know if his happiness bubbled over into me or what, but I hug him back and a wave of peace and bliss washes over me.

Everyone arrives just a couple hours later, and I try not to let him get too far away from me, scared that they'll take him away. I want him to be happy, but my heart stings every time he smiles. Why can't he just be happy with me?

The "movie night" as he calls it goes over well, or so I assume because everyone refuses to leave my house for a "sleepover" or whatever. They're all sprawled across the living room floor like weeds. I sigh before going to the kitchen to get some water.

I feel a poke on my shoulder and turn around. Eren? It's not Eren. It's the emotionless ravenette. What does she want?

"Let's talk."

Eren POV

I wake up when I hear the door open. I open my eyes just in time to see Levi follow 'Kasa outside. Where are they going? I try to get up to follow them, but I'm covered in slumbering bodies. It takes me a few minutes, but I manage to get out without waking everyone up. It's 2:30 am. Where would they be going together? A bunch of unwanted thoughts race through my head. One in particular is the reason I race outside in shorts and a t-shirt without putting on shoes or a jacket in freezing weather.