Chapter 2

Levi POV

No matter how much I need him to be mine, I can't get him by myself. Not because I'm incapable. Oh no, I'm very capable of doing this by myself, but it would take much too long. For once in my life I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but I can't cover it up all on my own. Plus, the more I can avoid that, the better. Not because I care about their pathetic lives, but I can't risk getting caught.

I don't really have anyone who can help me out. At least not willingly. And I have to take into account their likeliness to betray me-

"LEVI!!!!"

I turn to see Shitty Glasses. Don't tell me. No way. It can't be.

I groan, " What?"

"Why are you standing in an empty hallway?"

I don't really care, so I just shrug. I look her up and down. She's my only option? No that can't be, why would she even want to help? Who am I kidding, she's probably crazy enough to help anyways.

I look her dead in the eyes, "I need your help."

She looks at me, her jaw dropping. She starts muttering gibberish, pointing at me and then her at random points in time. I 'tsk' and turn on my heel when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I get spun back around.

"So what's the plan?"

I raise my eyebrow and she continues.

"Sorry, I'm just shocked you actually need something. So what's up?"

I sigh and explain. Not much, just the parts about feeling emotion and why. Her eyebrows furrow until her eyes light up.

"This could work as an ex-"

"I'm not turning into your lab rat, Sh-"

"Hange. And I wasn't going to make you a lab rat. You don't feel emotions unless you're with him, or if you are away from him it's longing. I just want to know why."

I look at her with the 'how the hell would I know' kinda look.

"Exactly. I'll help you if I'm allowed to observe."

I put my fingers on the bridge of my nose. I look at my options. Who am I kidding, I can't wait much longer. I'm gonna regret this later.

"Fine."

Eren POV

Walking home I'm terrified. What if he's home? I start walking a bit slower. Memories keep flooding back. I start shaking. Then I feel a hand on my back. I look up and see Mikasa. She takes her scarf and brushes it against my cheeks. Was I crying?

"Don't worry," Armin says, "The only thing you should be scared of now is Mikasa's cooking."

"What did you say?" The ravenette questions.

The two continue to argue, and somewhere through I start laughing. My compadres stare at me in shock, jaws threatening to smash into the ground. Then I realize why.

"Did I just?"

The nod their heads. My lips curl into a smile. I haven't laughed in so long. I had almost forgotten what it felt like. Maybe things will start getting better.

A few days go by, and I'm starting to get used to being around people. I can somewhat pay attention in class, and maybe, just maybe I can start talking to people.

I get to my first period and see my desk mate. Come on Eren, he's just a human, he won't bite.

"Hey." I say as I sit down.

Levi POV

"Hey."

I hear a melodic voice come from next to me. I see Eren. My eyes widen. Did he just- was that- no way.

I see him chuckle, "Yes, I spoke."

"Did I say that out loud?"

"Nope. I just assumed that's what you were thinking from the shock on your face."

I nod my head as he puts his hand out in the way that I've seen people shake to. Personally I've never done it. Wait does he want me to shake his hand? He wants me to touch him. Holy shit.

"Eren." He says smiling.

"I'm sorry, this isn't you but germs just get to me." I say as I apologetically pull out hand sanitizer.

He doesn't take offense and twists his hand around. I put hand sanitizer on his hands and then my own. Then I shake his hand.

"Levi."

He gives me probably the most adorable smile I've ever seen in my life. I feel myself automatically sigh in content. CONTENT HOLY CRAP!

"Sorry I haven't been the most...talkative desk buddy."

I don't know why, but I ruffle his hair, "All good brat."

Then I realize what I did and pull back, "Ah! Sorry."

He probably thinks I'm a creep now. Damn it. What do I do? I probably just screwed everything up.

He just looks as me with his pale green doe eyes.

"I'm sorry I do-"

He shakes his head, "No, it's fine, I just didn't expect it."

I was about to continue talking when class starts. How DARE it interrupt my precious time with him.

"Hey Levi, can you help me with this?"

He leans in closer to me and points inside the book. I'm sorry I ever got mad at you class, I forgive you. Throughout the class, he doesn't raise his hand or anything, but he'll ask me questions, which a part of me likes the fact that he's relying on me, but the other part wants to know why he's trusting me so easily.

The bell rings, and I quickly jot down on and rip out a piece of paper and hand it to Eren.

His eyebrows furrow, "what's this?"

"My number. Incase you need help over the homework. You have a phone right?"

He nods and thanks me before heading over to his friends. Then Shi- Hange walks over to me. What am I thinking, I'm not speaking, I can call her what I want.

She smirks, "Was that him?"

"Yup."

——————

So chapter 2 done! I'm sorry not much action is happening, but I just want to establish relationships between characters so I can rip people's hearts out later, or something like that. I dunno, it just flows better thinking where the story is headed.