Chapter 9

Even POV

During class, my mind kept wandering back to when Levi yelled at me. I wasn't mad at him or anything, but why was he like that? Was he worried? If he knew what happened that day he wouldn't have questioned my actions. Or would he have?

School goes on as normal, and I try to avoid Hange in the halls as much as possible so I can avoid confrontation. She's not a bad person, she's just...too much of a personality for me. During lunch, I glance over to Levi's table, and to my shock, I see Petra. How could he just yell at me when I saved his friend? Maybe he didn't mean it like that. Maybe he meant why did I risk myself when I could have just yelled or something. But Petra is really sweet, so it's hard to imagine he doesn't care about her at all.

After class, I see Petra waiting outside the door. I just assumed she was waiting for one of her friends, so I walk by. I feel a grip on my wrist pull me backwards. I turn around, expecting to see Mikasa, when I'm greeted with golden eyes.

"Hey Eren, can we talk?" She says with a little blush on her face.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, but I nod.

Levi POV

I see Petra grab MY Eren. She has a faint blush, and it's pissing me off. As she starts dragging my beautiful Eren away, she's holding his HAND! Not even I have gotten the honor to do that yet and this brat thinks she can waltz right in?! She has NO idea how thin the ice she is walking on right now is. He is mine.

I was about to follow them when Shitty Glasses walks up to me.

"So, did you miss me this morning?" She says with a cheeky grin.

"Not at all." I say, trying to find my brat somewhere in the ocean of people.

She sighs and forcibly turns my face to meet hers. I glare at her in annoyance. She may be helping me, but she's keeping me away from my Eren.

"Well then, I guess I don't need to tell you why I was at Eren's house this morning."

My eyes widen in what I can only describe as emotion. I don't know which ones, but emotion.

"WH-" She covers my mouth.

"Calm down Ravioli. I didn't do much."

I deadpan. Not much could mean anything from stealing a hair or cloning him. Not even I would do the second one, and I'm obsessed with him.

"Look, all I did was make you a key to his house. Aside from that, I just gathered information based off of his facial expressions. Which by the way, you never told me he couldn't talk."

I roll my eyes, "That's because he can talk. He just doesn't to most people."

I smiled at that. He only talks to me. Well besides the two brats he lives with but I'm taking the win!

Eren POV

"...so that's why I need you to go on a date with me." She says, looking at me pleadingly.

I stare at her in disbelief.

"I know you literally just saved my life, but that's why it makes sense! Please, please do this for me. I'll help you with whatever you want afterwards, but please help me!"

I sigh. I couldn't just abandon her. Slowly, I nod my head.

Her eyes light up, "THANK YOU SO MUCH EREN!"

She wraps her arms around me in a death grip. Well, it was probably a hug, but holy crap is she strong. I pat my one arm I can move on her back. Eventually she lets go, and I can breathe again.

I go home, absolutely drained, and I somehow get my work done before I pass out. I wake up, and it's 6:30. I SLEPT IN?! I jump out of bead, take a shower, brush my teeth and get dressed. Armin's grandpa made eggos (we call all waffles eggos in my household, I dunno why but that's what I'm gonna do), so I grab a triangle and cranberry juice. I practically breathe them in before I start running. I yell thanks to Armin's grandad as I race out the door. I see Mikasa and Armin finally and catch up to them.

"W-why," I pant, "did-didn't you wa-wake m-me up!"

Mikasa looked at me, "You needed the sleep."

I was too tired to argue with her, but I managed to make a pathetic attempt at a glare. Armin tried to break the awkwardness by starting a conversation. Luckily, it did.

When we get to the school, I wasn't prepared for what I was met with. Everyone turned to stare at me. My immediate reaction was to grip Mikasa's arm. She notices this and looks at me. What is happening? Then see a flash of auburn coming towards me. Petra.

Levi POV

I couldn't stand it. All of these people were staring at MY Eren. What was going on? I see Shitty Glasses and grabbed her arm.

"What. Is. Going. On." I say through gritted teeth, trying not to lash out.

She scratches the back of her head, "O-oh. So you don't know..."

"I don't know wh-"

Then I hear something from the people next to me. All I can see is red and I feel my heart shatter into a million pieces.

"Did you hear that Petra is going on a date?"

"Woah, actually? Doesn't she turn pretty much everyone down? Who is it?"

"The new kid, Eren Yeager."