Chapter 13

Eren POV

A few days have passed since Petra's...well...passing. I've stayed home every one of those days because every time I think about it, I throw up. How could this have happened? She was so nice. It isn't fair. Every day Levi has come over, he's also been staying home, to make sure I was ok. He knew her a lot better than me, so I feel terrible that he feels like he has to take care of me.

The school only closed down for a day to let the commotion calm down, and gave passes to certain people, like her closest friends, Hange and Levi who saw the body, and me, the last person to see her alive. Armin's grandpa was home as much as possible, but he still had work to do, and I didn't want to be burden to him. I knew I had to face reality sooner or later, but it still seemed like something out of a horror film or something.

I saved her, and just a few days later, she's dead. This has to be some kind of I sick joke. I finally began to let someone else in, and the first thing they do is die. My eyes widen in horror at that thought.

"What if that happens to everyone?"

What if I'm a danger to people who try to get close to me? What if I only end up hurting the people who I care about? What if knowing me is a death sentence?!

"What if what happens to everyone?"

I shoot up from my bed and turn to see Levi in the door way. I let out a breath of relief when I see that it was just him.

"Levi you-" I stop.

Levi. I'm a danger to Levi. I feel my stomach start to churn at the thought of that happening. I feel the bile begin to rise in my throat, and I race to the bathroom. I lock the door behind me. After I empty my stomach, I brush my teeth. I then sit on the floor and curl up.

"Eren, are you ok?"

"Eren, why is the door locked?"

"You've been in there for 15 minutes, what's going on?!"

I just ignore it. All I'd do if I got out is hurt people. It's all my fault. I wish that monster had finished me off that day. Then Marco and Petra would still be alive.

"Eren if you don't open this door right now, I'm going to break it down!"

Levi POV

What the hell is he doing in there?! Why won't he let me in? Is he ok? Is something happening? I swear to whoever is out there, please let him be ok.

"It's all my fault."

Did I hear that correctly? Is he blaming himself? I mean yes, if he wasn't so perfect I wouldn't have done it, but if she had just minded her business, she would still be alive and kicking. It's really all her fault. How dare she make him think that he did this?!

"Eren open the door."

"No! I don't want to hurt you!"

I sigh, "What do you think you could do to me? Do you really think that highly of yourself and that everything revolves around you? I didn't know you were that conceited."

"..."

"Eren," I say pleadingly, "come out. Please."

Suddenly the door unlocks. I swing it open to find a puffy eyed angel. I wrap him in a hug. He slowly gives in, and hugs me back.

"Are you done thinking stupid thoughts now?"

He looks at me, eyebrows furrowed.

"There was nothing you could have done to help her, no matter what your subconscious says, ok?"

His mouth opens as to protest, but instead he just nods. He then flops on his bed. I was about to leave the room to go make tea, but I feel something hit my head. I turn around and see a pillow. I pick it up and glance over to Eren,

"Stay."

"What?"

"Stay!" He whines.

"I wasn't going to leave, I was just-"

He groans, "Levi, I meant with me."

I walk over to him, confused, and sit beside him on the bed. He pulls me down, and I'm laying next to him. Eventually, he maneuvers so that his head is resting on my chest, and his arm is draped over my waist.

"That's better." He says tiredly.

Eren POV

I don't know what came over me, but this has to be the most comfortable position I have ever been in. Ever. If I wasn't careful, I'd sleep here for the rest of the day. Eventually I feel his hand in my hair, as he plays with it. Do I ever have to get up again? Is it possible to stay like this forever?

I don't know where or when, but eventually I fell asleep. When I wake up again, Levi is asleep too. It was then I realize how awkward this position is, and how I was probably there for more than an hour. I get up, reluctantly, and check the time. I had 30 minutes before my interview with the cops. Fantastic.

I tried to look presentable, well, as presentable as I could look right now, and get something to drink. I figure it's probably good to do this on an empty stomach. Someone knocks on the door, and Levi wakes up, and says, "I'll get it."

Levi POV

I open the door and see the same cop from the day of the crime. I hate him. He looks at me confused.

"Don't I know you?"

Before I could retort, Eren walks up. This guy's eyes widen as he looks my Eren up and down. Is this jerk checking out my Eren. Who the hell does he think he is? Eren is mine.

"I'm Eren Yeager, I assume you're here to interview me?" I hear a familiar melodic voice say, interrupting my thoughts.

This 'bushy brows' clears his throat before responding, "I- uh- yes, yes, I am. How old did you say you were again?"

"15."

I look to the blond, expecting to see a look of disappointment, but instead he cracks a smile. What the hell?! I clench my jaw in anger. I then throw my arm around Eren's shoulders possessively, hoping he'll get the hint. This jerk ignores me. Eren and I sit down on the couch while this guy, who introduced himself as "Erwin", sat on a chair. Just who are these guys hiring? He's checking out a 15 year old, introducing himself with his first name- it's like he could care less about the MURDER that just happened. I was so proud of my work, yet this assh*le gets assigned to the job.

The interview begins, and there are too many personal questions about Eren to my liking. If he thinks asking about a favorite cake flavor is professional, he'd be wrong. Just because it was after finding out my Eren and stupid Petra went to a bakery together doesn't mean it's justified. I could tell Eren was getting uncomfortable with some of these questions. That is where I draw the line.

"I'm sorry, but how does this relate to the case?" I say, hoping my 'piss off' tone was evident.

He looks at me annoyed, "Excuse me, I'm the officer here an-"

"My friend died and you are asking what types of clothes he tried on, that doesn't sound very 'professional' to me."

He gives me a light glare before turning back to my Eren.

"So, you two were out on a date, was she your girlfriend?"

Eren immediately jumps, "What?! No, she was just my friend."

Bushy brows f##king smiles and writes something down on his notepad. He rips it out and hands it to Eren.

"This is my number, give me a call if you're ever in trouble."

Oh that's the last damn straw right there. If he wants this to get personal, I can make it personal. No one can look at what's mine like that without paying the price.