Chapter 20

Eren POV

Why was I so scared? Why couldn't I function properly? When did I get so attached? Why does he matter so much? Why did I cling to him the second he hugged me? How am I supposed to face anyone right now? What happened to me?

"Eren?" I hear a woman say.

I try to sit up to see who it is, but Levi has a death grip on my waist. From however high I do get, I see this woman, who could be Levi's clone. I've never seen her before, but she has to be related to Levi. She laughs.

"Here, try slowly replacing your body with this." She hands me this pleasantly warm pillow.

She helps me to switch out my body with the pillow. Once I'm free, a try to get off the bed with as little moving as I can. I don't want to disturb Levi in his sleep. Im a bit wary to leave him, but it wasn't like I'm exiting the house. I follow the woman downstairs where she brings me into the kitchen. She tells me to sit on one of the stools on the island.

"Do you want anything to drink?"

I think back to what happened when I was still at my house, "Um, do you have cranberry juice?"

Her eyes widen, like she just realized something. She then smiles and nods, "That's an odd choice, any specific reason?"

"Ah, I'm uh, borderline anemic, and it helps with that."

(That's what my doctor said at least, I don't know how true it is, but if it doesn't in real life, it does in this imaginary world)

She nods again before pouring some into a cup and handing it to me. I thank her as she sits down across from me. She really looks like a female version of Levi. I mean, she's older of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were siblings.

"So, I, um, did you, Uh, want to talk to me?" I ask awkwardly.

She hums in response, "Yes. How old are you?"

I almost choke on my juice, "I'm uh, 15, why?"

"Freshman or Sophomore?"

"Sophomore?" I say, really confused on why this matters.

She smiles, "I met Levi's father when I was your age."

This time I actually start choking. First of all, SHES HIS MOTHER? HOLY CRAP SHE LOOKS YOUNG! Second of all, WHAT THE HECK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?! She rushes over to help me out, but I just insist I'm fine.

"Sorry, you just shocked me a bit there. I didn't know you were his mom, you look really young."

She beams, "Oh, thank you!"

Levi POV

I hear a faint coughing coming from downstairs. Is that my mother? What's she doing up so late? I look to check on Eren, but there's a pillow where he should be.

I start panicking. Where is he? Is he ok? What's going on? I get out of the bed and rush downstairs to see my mother laughing and patting Eren on the back. The relief takes over when I see that he's ok.

"Oh, Levi, I'm sorry did we wake you up?"

"Nevermind that, what are you both doing down here?"

She takes her other hand and waves it, "Oh nothing, Eren and I were just having a talk."

Immediately my eyes widen and my fists clench, "Oh really?" I remember what she was talking about earlier with telling him things, "And what were you talking about?"

Eren then lifts his head up, "Oh nothing much, I was just shocked to find out she was your mother."

I sigh in relief at that statement before walking over to check on Eren. I don't know what happened, but he's still breathing fairly heavily.  I take the place if my mother and place my hand on his back.

"Hey, are you sure you're ok?"

He buries his head in his arms before mumbling a "yeah yeah I'm fine."

My mother laughs, "Oh he's just embarrassed."

I quickly send a glare over to my mother before checking the time, "It's 3:27, you two need to get back to bed."

Eren nods, while my mother pouts, "Come on Levi, it's the weekend, let the boy have some freedom."

Never again, "Mother, we have to back to school after being away for two weeks."

Eren POV

Ms. Ackerman has an expression of shock on her face. Did she really not know? I finish the juice and stand up. I take the cup and prepare to take it over to the sink. Instead, Levi wraps an arm around my waist. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion until Ms. Ackerman says something.

"Woah wait, you haven't been to school in two weeks?"

Levi tightens his grip, "You mean you didn't know? Levi, you didn't tell her?"

He looks to me, "My mother has always been sickly, and she...knew Petra."

He says the last part almost silently and I make an 'O' shape with my mouth. Ms. Ackerman, however, puts her hands on her hips.

"Levi, where have you been all that time then?"

She probably didn't hear Levi talk about Petra. That's probably for the best. I don't want anything to happen to his mom, she's really sweet.

"I've been taking care of Eren."

I send Levi a look of which I hope says 'that sounds a lot worse than it actually is'. Ms. Ackerman gets a worried look on her face . It's no surprise, Levi made it sound like I'm incapable of doing anything by myself.

"Oh no, has he been sick?"

Wait hold on, why are you asking Levi, I'm right here? Am I missing something? This is ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with me...kinda....sorta. Maybe I am sick.

"I-"

"Hey, Eren," Levi says to me, "Can you go wait upstairs? I want to talk with my mother."

"Oh, uh, sure."

Levi kisses my forehead before letting go. Now that I am red as a freaking cherry, I go back up the stairs.

Levi POV

"Now that Eren is gone, we can talk seriously." My mother says.

I roll my eyes, "There's nothing to talk about."

"Oh really now? What happened to Petra."

I sigh tiredly, "The official story is that-"

"I don't want the official f*cking story Levi, what the hell did you do to her."

I let my head cock to the side and smirk, "Woah now, what happened to innocent until proven guilty mother?"

"I met your father."

The back and fourth goes on for awhile until I get anxious about what Eren is doing. I knew she was just going to follow me until I left, so I had two options. Tell her the truth or lie. I couldn't lie at this point, she wouldn't believe me. On the other hand, if there was any chance Eren is listening, it's all over.

"Look, she was in the wrong place, at the wrong time, and messed with the wrong people, I don't know what else to say."

Thankfully my mother understood, "I'm getting too old for this. So when are you planning on-"

"Never."

"Levi, that's not what I meant. You don't have to tell him what you've done. What you do have to do is come clean about who you actually are. He's just going to leave if something goes wrong if you don't."

What did she just say? I could not have heard that correctly. Did she just try to tell me that my Eren was going to leave me?

I start laughing, "But you see mother, he doesn't get a choice. He's mine."