Chapter 24

Levi POV

"Where are we going?!"

I continue to drag him out the door, "I still have to make it up to you, don't I?"

"No."

I sigh, "Fine then, I'm taking my boyfriend out on a date, and unless that's against the rules, we're going."

He then shuts up and follows. I can tell he wants to go, but doesn't want to make me pay, which he's going to let me whether he likes it or not, he shouldn't have to pay for anything. He gets into the passenger seat, arms crossed and pouting.

He doesn't say anything the entire drive, and even though he's terrified of my driving, he just squeezes his mouth shut. This is not what I mean when I said I wanted commitment. He's silent until I drive into the parking lot.

"LEVI WRONG PLACE WE'RE TOO POOR TO EAT HERE!"

I scoff, "Making assumptions are we? Now stop yelling, let's just go."

"I agree, turn the freaking car around."

I just look him in the eyes while talking out the keys. I unbuckle, open the door and get out. He refuses to move. I open his door, but he doesn't budge.

"Tch, stop being such a brat."

I unbuckle him and sling him over my shoulder. I shut the door and start walking towards the restaurant.

"LEVI WHAT THE HELL?!"

"Watch your f*cking language you G-ddamn brat!"

He starts flailing, and I set him down so he'll stop drawing attention. I don't want people staring at him from afar. That's my job. We get seated at our table, of course we got couches (if I want to call a booth a couch, I will, it's what they are), but Eren still hasn't said a word to me. Well, other from the screaming. But of course, the world hates me.

The waiter comes over to take our orders and I immediately recognize who it is.

"Jean?!" Eren exclaims.

His face whips to what's mine, "Oh hey Eren, 'fancy' seeing you here."

That sly motherf*cker. That joke wasn't even funny. (Jeez, stop calling me out like that Levi) He's ruining my date with Eren by chatting him up like this.

Eren POV

"Jean, what are you doing here?"

He laughs, "Oh, you know, hunting elephants."

I can feel my eyes tear up, "What? Why would you want to hurt an elephant? Jean, how could you?!"

"Eren I was kidding, I got a job here," He says deadpanning, "That's why I moved here."

Levi laughs, "I didn't realize that we had ordered bullsh!t."

I look at Levi in confusion. He's looking at Jean with a look I've never seen him have before. His eyes don't look like melted silver anymore, but like cold steel. What's going on?

"Why'd you actually come back, Jean."

"L-Levi?"

Jean's eyes widen, and he looks down, "I...I came back to apologize."

I furrow my eyebrows, "What?"

"To you Eren. For what I did to you. It wasn't your fault, and I just wanted someone to blame for Marco's death and make them suffer. I pinned you as the bad guy, and said that I was hurting you for justice, even though that by doing so, I became the bad guy. I don't want you to forgive me, I don't deserve that, but...I wanted to be friends again."

My eyes start tearing up, "Jean, I-"

My eyes dart over to Levi. He's in his normal position, legs and arms crossed, but his head is down, and he's shaking. Oh crap he just learned what happened between me and Jean. I need to say something fast.

"Oh, Jean, it's ok, you didn't do much-"

He cuts me off, "Eren, most days you could barely walk home, what I did to you is unforgivable."

Jean, shut the frick up.

"I got worse from my father it's fine-" That doesn't sound much better, "Anyway, let's just order drinks."

I already know Levi wants tea, so I order that for him, and I just get water because I can't think of anything else. Once Jean leaves, I get up from my set and sit next to Levi to check on him. Immediately I'm death gripped.

Levi POV

"What did he do to you?" I whisper in his ear.

He squirms in my embrace, "N-nothing, it was so long ago, i-I've forgotten all about it, hehe."

"Eren?"

He bites his cheek, "Yes, Levi?

"Don't try to give me bullsh!t, you're a G-d awful liar."

He sighs before taking one of my hands between the both of his, " I'm glad you're worried about me, but what happened is in the past."

"I can't help it if I wish for harm onto anyone who causes you pain."

He laughs before kissing my cheek, "Then you're no better than him."

That hit me like a freight train, "No I'm not. He wanted someone to blame, he's actually responsible."

I watched as Eren opened his mouth to tell me he was guilty.

"Don't you dare. Unless you deliberately ended your friend's life, don't you finish that f*cking sentence."

Eren closes his mouth and the sorry excuse for an existence comes back with the drinks. I unlock one arm from Eren, but leave the other one around my waist. He's used to this by now, so he doesn't say anything. The bane of my existence lets his eyes linger a little bit longer on this than he should.

He asks for our orders, and I just point so Eren knows what to say. I don't touch the menu, because who know where the heck this thing has been, so Eren has to check what I'm pointing to.

"Jeez, way to make Eren do all the work." He says, just loud enough so that I can hear.

Eren, being perfection, says, "He just has a thing with germs, it's not a big deal."

"He has a mouth doesn't he?"

"Jean, I'd appreciate it if you'd stop ostracizing my boyfriend, if you're going to pick on someone, let it be me."