Chapter 5

Eren POV

I wake up, and not in the middle of the night like normal. It's actually morning. This is the first time in awhile that this has happened. I don feel tired, and I actually have some motivation to get up today.

I take a quick shower, and brush my teeth. I don't feel like brushing my hair, so I just run my fingers through it. I throw on whatever clothes I see first and grab an apple. I check my bag to make sure all of my homework is in there. I see handwriting that doesn't look like mine, and I remember what occurred the day before.

He was really here. Just because I asked. It seems so strange and hard to believe, but maybe, just maybe, I can relax a little bit. It might be a bad idea, but for now, I think I can put a little faith in humanity. Not that I've been given much reason to.

"I never properly thanked him, did I?" I mumble to myself.

"Thank who?"

I spin around, only to find my sister staring at me in curiosity. Fudge nuggets how do I answer this? I can't tell her what actually happened. I'll just tell her half of the truth.

"M-my desk partner. He helped me out a l-lot during class."

She just nods, "So are you going to eat anything else? It's still fairly early, and you haven't been eating much."

"I don't want to waste food we can't afford to-"

"Eren," She glares at me, "I said, are you going to eat anything else?"

I just gulp and go to grab water and a piece of toast when she slaps my hand away. I pull it back with a wince. I look at her in confusion and she has that 'mom' look on her face.

"You aren't a prisoner, eat something substantial."

I resist the urge to roll my eyes and let it go. I put a pop tart in the toaster and instinctively grab the cranberry juice (this will be explained later) and pour in into a glass. I put the pop tart on my plate and sit down. I take another bite out of the apple. Then I look at Mikasa.

"Happy?"

She just gives me a smile and goes to wake up Armin, who is sleeping in. Once she's gone, I pull out my phone and text Levi.

'Good morning! Thanks again for yesterday'

I put my phone away and stuff half the pop tart in my mouth so it looks like I ate it normally. I don't get my own logic sometimes. Then I hear someone open the door. My heart stops. Both Mikasa and Armin are in the other room. Who is this? Did he find me? Was all of this for nothing?

"Grandpa, you're back!" I hear Armin say.

Grandpa? I get out of my seat and see Armin hugging an elderly man. Oh! I remember him. He would come visit Armin every once in awhile...back...home.

"Is that you Eren? Wow, you've grown so much since I saw you last!" He says.

"Y-yeah, I guess I have." I say awkwardly.

Armin looks at me knowingly, "Right! Sorry, I forgot to tell you this was my Grandfather's house, hehe."

Well that explains how we paid for it. And why there was food here. And furniture. And working water and electricity- I should have known.

"My, my, this house is cleaner than when I left it. Good job kiddos!"

My eyes widen. How do I explain that? I don't clean, they would never believe me. I'll play it innocent, pretending I don't know. Hopefully that'll work.

"It was Eren, he cleaned it while we were at work." Armin says.

Well, throw that previous plan in the trash. I can work with this. I won't even have to lie. I'll admit to it without admitting to it.

"Y-yeah, I didn't want to do nothing during those long hours, so the house got cleaned."

Haha, I should be an author with my beautiful way with words! Who am I kidding, Armin might believe it, but Mikasa probably won't.

"Oh, hey Grandfather Arlert." She says.

Wait, she didn't hear the conversation? It the world finally on my side? Things really are getting better!

Then I get a text. Fudge nuggets.

Levi POV

I get a text from Eren. How do I respond? He shouldn't have to thank me. Or if he does, it should be from himself, not some stupid text. Should I even respond? Of course I should, I don't want to be rude. What if I take too long and he hates me?! I need to apologize! No, wait what if that comes off weird. If he wasn't so perfect, this wouldn't even be a problem. How am I supposed to resist him thought. Ugh, why am I even thinking about him?! I just want to seem him and hold him. But alas, we barely know each other, and I would probably get arrested for harassment. What was I thinking about again? OH CRAP RIGHT HE TEXTED ME!

No problem brat

There, now I don't have to worry about it. What if I took too long? What if he didn't want me to respond? What if I said the wrong thing? Oh no, he's going to hate me now!

Well, I can fix that. If he hates me, I'll just force him to love me. He has no choice. He's mine.

"Levi, stop being a creep inside your head."

I step out of my thoughts to see Shitty Glasses. Maybe she's right, and it's wrong of me to want him all to myself. Blasphemy, where's the logic in that? I love him, and that's all that should matter in the long run. He has no say in the matter. I'll love him more than anyone else ever can. Then how can he refuse? Even if he runs away, I'll find him. He'll have nothing but my love forever.

Woah, maybe Shitty Glasses has a point, that's a bit excessive. It's true, but a bit much.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

She burst out laughing, "There was gay panic just written all over your face and then you just went psycho! If *laughter* only you could have seen your face."

"Tsk!" I say as I walk to class.

We got here really early to discuss my next moves. We agreed that I should probably get to know him first, even though I said I should just profess my love, and if he doesn't accept it, knock him out and take him home, but she said it was 'too soon' for that. And probably ever. It's still my plan B if all else fails.

I see Eren walk into the classroom, and I see his sister glaring at me. He sits down next to me, and immediately drops his head to the table and groans.

"Oi, brat, that desk is filthy." I say and take a cleaning wipe from my bag.

I rub it against his forehead and then clean his desk, "So what's got you looking like...this."

He turns his head to me, and I'm met with the most adorable face I have ever seen in my entire life. He has a little pout on his lips and that look in his eyes that makes you guilty for ever thinking he was in the wrong. If heaven was a human, it would be Eren. Not that there was ever a doubt.

"Mikasa found out that I have your number and chewed me out because of what happened last time I decided to trust someone." He says with an adorable little whine laced into his voice.

My heart melted and got stabbed at the same time. I was about to open my mouth to apologize when he continued.

"It's not your fault, Levi, she just...doesn't trust people with me anymore."

I nod, "I'm sorry. I-if you need me to go away, I can."

I had to force that out. It is the absolute LAST thing I want to do, but I don't want him to be uncomfortable.

"Nooo, Levi, I told you it was fine!" He insists, "Plus, you gave me food, you can't get rid of me."

Then he does something that I did not expect. I see Shitty Glasses rip out her phone as fast as lightning. He hugged me.

—————

Woah, this one was a LOT longer than I thought it was.