Chapter 6

Eren POV

I walk into class, and I notice Mikasa glaring at Levi. I feel like such an idiot. I should have turned my phone on silent or something. I honesty want to disappear right now. I sit down and try to collapse onto my desk, but Levi cleans my desk first. I let out a silent laugh. He asks me what was wrong, and I let out my inner 5 year old that I didn't know still existed. I look to Levi to see him worrying, and I immediately tell him that it's not his fault. I wouldn't change what happened for the world. Well, at least not meeting him. Most of my life, yes. Then he says words that I never wanted to hear again.

"If you need me to go."

I don't hear anything else out of pure fear. I don't know what to do and I can't think rationally. I just let my instincts take over. I say something about it being fine, and food? Whatever, the only thing I can feel myself doing is wrapping my arms around his torso.

I don't do anything, I just sit there like that for awhile, mumbling nonsense, until slowly, a single muscular arm wraps around my slim form. A hand gets laced into my hair and pets me. I squeeze my arms tighter around him.

"Don't go." I squeak out.

I feel a low rumble in his chest and he chuckles. He rest his chin on my head and rubs my head. I realize how awkward this could seem, but I haven't hugged someone in so long that I never want it to end. Sadly, I have school today. Slowly I unwrap my death grip, and he lets go of my back. His hand is still ruffling my hair. I look up at him from beneath my bangs. A light pink dusts his face. His eyes of liquid silver are locked on me, and a small, soft smile graces his lips.

In other words, Levi looked hot.

Levi POV

In the moment, nothing else mattered. I was finally holding him. I could feel his sister's glare intensify, and I could hear the blonde coconut try to stop her from attacking me. Hange was taking a photo from every single angle possible, and the rest of the class was either shocked, in awe, not looking, or...fangirling? I couldn't care less what those pests were doing normally, but I was not about to let them ruin this moment for me.

I wrapped my arm around Eren possessively and took me spare hand and entangled it in his hair, pulling him closer. I lifted my gaze to the classroom and shot every single living being in that room a glare that I didn't even know I had in me. As soon as I did that, everyone backed off. Well, besides Shitty Glasses. Scarf girl backed off, but she still kept her eyes over here. As long as she wasn't interfering, I didn't care.

I was brought back out of reality when my brat tightened his grip on me. He had been whispering apologies this whole time, but when he asked me to stay, I couldn't contain my laughter. I don't know how much more adorableness the world has left to give, but they have a full blown stream of it coming to Eren. I place my chin in his head and just breathe his scent in. I feel my cheeks heat up a bit, and I can't contain the goofy smile that must be plastered on my face.

Eren starts moving away, but I just keep my gaze on him. If I wasn't careful, I would melt in this boy's arms. I don't know what's happening to me, but I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life finding out. I don't know what I would do if someone tried to take him away from me at this point. Probably kill them. No...that's too nice of a punishment. No one can have him. He's mine. And I don't like sharing.

He looks up at me, face all red and flustered. I smirk to myself in content. He's like this because of me. My gaze lowers to his lips, one of which between his teeth. Holy hell he looked hot. No. That's a lie. The English language doesn't have a good enough word for how tempting he looks right now. If I wasn't cautious, I'd probably find those gorgeous lips on mine. How could the world make someone this perfect?

"I...I'm sorry." He says, avoiding my gaze.

I scowled at that. His eyes should always be on me, and me alone. Woah, where did that come from? Was I always this aggressive?

I flick his head, "Stop apologizing, it doesn't suit you."

His face turns even more red, if that's even possible at this point.

"And besides," I lean in to whisper in his ear, "class is about to start."

My lip brushes against his ear, and I fight against the urge. I just ruffle his hair again and face the front of class, leaving him a blushing mess. It might be mean, but I know he's thinking about me this way.

Eren POV

Well, there goes my chance of playing it cool. He might look hot, but my burning face leaves that in the dust. I try not to think about it during class, but how could I not? It's not like he even did anything!  It was a hug. A HUG! And now I sound like a prepubescent teen.

In the middle of class, Levi got a text message, of which he stupidly opened right as the teacher was looking at us. I quickly take my notebook and put it on top of his phone. He looks at me confused and then sees the teacher.

"Ackerman, Yeager, what's going on?" The teacher calls us out.

"He....as...help....me...wit...rk." I mumble out.

The teacher starts tapping his foot on the ground, "In English please."

My eyes start watering and my breathing gets heavier, "He w-was helpi...m...with...my..ork."

"We don't understand gibberish in this school Mr. Yeager."

I feel my nails sink into my skin, and I can't stop myself from trembling. I felt a hand wrap around my own and I looked to where it came from. Levi squeezed my hand and turned to the teacher, with a cold look on his face.

"I was helping him with his work. Is there a rule against it, or were you just trying to pointlessly embarrass your students?"

Levi was rubbing circles onto the back of my hand while I tried to regain control of my breathing. I hate confrontation. It brings back unwanted memories.

The teacher opens his mouth to say something, but no words cone out. He stands there for 30 seconds before returning to the front of the class and resuming his job. A couple kids try to hide their snickers but a few straight up laugh.
I squeeze Levi's hand and mouth a 'thank you'

He takes his other hand and his thumb swishes my eyes, "Hey, you saved me first."

He smiles, thankfully not bringing up the tears he wiped away.  He's known me for less than a week, but he's been so nice to me. But not the nice as in too nice. He actually seems genuine. I should know at this point. I just hope it not mistaken.

————
Im sorry this update was SO much later than I meant it to be