Chapter 27

Levi POV

I don't go to sleep tonight, I can't. Instead, I spend the entire night watching Eren, and making sure he's ok. I'm starting to get worried with the nightmares. They keep happening, and even though I might be used to them, he definitely isn't. He does look really cute while he's sleeping though. I could get into how perfect he is, but there aren't enough hours in the day. I just want to capture this moment forever.

Wait don't I have a device for that?

A few hours and a couple hundred images later, Eren starts to stir awake. It is about time for him to get up. Instead of getting up, he shifts around, and his arms move, like he's looking for something.

"Mmm, Levi, where are you?" He pulls the blanket higher, "I'm cold."

I chuckle, "It's time for school."

"Ugh, already?" He groans.

I walk over and pet his hair. For just waking up, it's surprisingly not knotty and it's really soft. He hums in response before turning over to face me.

He looks up at me with his irresistible puppy dog eyes, "But j just wanna stay here with you!" He whines and hugs my waist, burning his face into my chest, all while staying in bed.

"Do I have to go?" All rationality that was ever in my brain fizzed away by this point.

"N-"

"Of course you have to go."

I turn around and see my mother in the threshold. Eyes skittles squinted and hands on her hips. My eyes turn back to Eren who is already out of bed, and making it.

"Yes ma'am."

I have to clench my jaw to stop it from dropping. I immediately then turn to glare at my mother. How dare she have more control over him than I do. He's mine. We get dressed and hop into my car. I look over to Eren, staring off into space.

Eren POV

"Hey, Brat, are you ok?"

I blink and snap my head towards a worried looking Levi.

"O-oh, yeah, I'm ok, just thinking."

He keeps his eyes on the road, "About?"

I shrug, "I dunno."

I really don't. Lots of things I guess. I woke up with 20 messages from Jean, which was a shock, 5 from Armin, and about 150 from Mikasa. I'm scared to go back to school, afraid everyone was going to look at me, Mikasa and Armin would smother me, and that Jean would be angry. I'm worried about all of the extra work and attention teachers will give me. I am apprehensive about facing Petra's friends. I'm anxious about what everyone will think of me.

My mind then drifts back to what Levi told me. Only worry about me and him. By doing that, it eliminates so many of my struggles. The only one I have to worry about liking me would be Levi. I could never abandon anyone though, especially Mikasa and Armin after what they have done for me. You're just a burden to them. That's right. They don't really care about me, they just feel like they have to because we grew up together.

We get to school, and I never leave Levi's side. From the second we get out of the car, until we get into our seats. I feel the faxes of people staring at me, but I block them out. The lesson goes on, and Levi helps me with whatever I don't understand, which is a lot because I was out for 2 weeks. When we have to leave the classroom, I promise Levi I'll meet up with him again as soon as I can. I see Jean in the hallway, but decide to just keep walking to class.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, "Eren."

I tilt my head back and give a smile smile, "Hey 'Kasa. Armin."

"Where've you been?" Armin asks worriedly.

"Oh, just with Levi." 

Armin laughs, "Wow, already a stay at home b-"

Mikasa shoves her elbow in Armin, straight at the stomach. Armin writhes in pain, while I silently chuckle. We get to class and I just sit at my seat. Class was boring as usual, and I manage to get down a few notes before deciding to just take a textbook and asking Levi for help because I can't do science or math for my life. I quickly rush to the next one, hoping it would be less stressful. I notice Jean in the back of the class, and I can almost feel his gaze on the back of my head. You're just imagining things because of guilt. Right, why would he even be staring at me? Class ends and I grab my stuff, wanting to see Levi as soon as humanly possible.

Levi POV

I see that horsefaced jerk staring at my Eren all day. I noticed that Eren only ever really talked to anyone if they approached him first. The bojack reject seems to notice this and walks up and starts talking to my Eren.

KillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimKillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhim

Kill                 L         K          K                    I
Him           L             I           I                     T
Kill       I                   L          L                     '
Him K                     L           L                    S
Kill   J                     J           H                   T
Him    E                 E           I                    O
Kill          A            A           M                  O
Him             N      N           B e f o r e     L  a  t  e

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when my world walks over to me. He's looking at me with furrowed eyebrows of confusion.

"Are you ok?"

I nod my head, "What were you and Jean talking about?"

He shrugs, "Nothing much."

Eren POV

That's a lie.

*flashback*

"Eren?"

I turn to see Jean, looking at me nervously, scratching his head. He's looking down, avoiding eye contact. I really want to get to Levi, but it looks like he has something important to say.

"So," he starts, "How's it going with your...boyfriend?"

"Uh, pretty good, I guess?"

"That's good...hey, look. I'm sorry. I really don't want to get in the way of your happiness, I at least owe you that much for what I did to you, but I just want you to know that if he has the balls to break your heart, I don't mind being charged with murder. I can tell you are really close..." he sighs, "that was the first time you ever stood up to me."

He looks at his feet, and I can tell his face is a little red. Is he overheating or something?

"Are you ok?"

He looks up at me, "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I'm- IM. ONLY SAYING THESE THINGS BECAUSE...after I hurt you so much in the past, the only way I can think to make it up to you is by doing the complete opposite...that's all."

*end flashback*

After that awkward exchange, I did the only rational thing a person could do at that time. I said thanks and walked away. Levi doesn't really seem to believe me, but shrugs it off anyways. I'm too scared to face Petra's old table, so we have lunch in the library instead, where I ask Levi questions from stupid whatever science class this heck hole put me in. The rest of the classes blow by like a breeze, and Levi and I head back to his house. It was getting into the car that I remembered he was going to tell me something important.

"Hey Levi, what was it that you were going to tell me?"

I'm sorry guys, I hope this chapter was competent. I'm trying to get the inspiration to write flow through me, but nope, life doesn't abide by the rules of whatever I want so you are gifted with this sad pathetic piece of work.