Chapter 37

Before the chapter, I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the support I've been getting. T^T it really means a lot. Also, THIS STORY HIT 10k READS!!!! Thank you guys so much, I haven't smiled this much in a really long time. I'm making this chapter super extra long for 10k and adding some special features because why not?

Levi POV

I hold Eren until he falls asleep. I've never seen him like this. What the fuck could've happened? I hold him tighter when he snuggles deeper into my chest. Maybe it's not so bad. I still want to know what the hell happened, but at least there are some highlights. Once I'm sure he's asleep, I get up and ask Hange to give me the surveillance video from yesterday.

What part?

From when I left to where he called me

Why?

Just do it

Okie doki >^•.•^<

I roll my eyes and I get an email. I open it to see a long ass paragraph from Shitty Glasses. I'm not even going to bother asking how she wrote it so fast. I click on and download the linked video. I speed up the video so I don't sit through 5 hours of video (I don't have that much time to spare away from Eren) and lower it to 45 minutes.

Where did my mother bring him? Did she do something?

I clench my fists at the thought of my mother intervening. But then I see how happy Eren was. His beautiful, crystalline eyes were sparkling. His entire face glowed with such a strong happiness that I feel like melting. What the fuck took this away from me?! No...what the hell gave this to him?! I'm the only one allowed to make him this happy.

At one point he runs out of the room and the camera switches to the living room. He asks my mother for something and she goes to get it and comes back with a notebook and a pencil. She hands them to him and he takes them and runs back to the books. He looks in the books and writes things down- IS HE STUDYING?! After a little bit he gets a call from me, and we talk for a bit. It seems that he forgot he was studying and he reads another chapter. That's where he gets upset. I can't even see him that well yet I can tell all the color drained from his face. He calls me, he looks like a deer in headlights, and drops his phone when my line goes dead. He was petrified and this stupid device had to cut out on him like that! What the hell?! What even is this book anyways? I zoom in. It can't be that-oh shit. That's what he read? It's a wonder he only got spooked and not scarred. If I had known he was reading that I would've come back even sooner. I just needed to make sure that...no. That's not an excuse. I wasn't there for him when he needed me to be.

That's been happening too often. Speaking of which, Shitty glasses still hasn't told me what she did. His strangeness has been dying down, but instead of emotion spikes, it's like he doesn't care what he learns.

What did you do to Eren anyways?

If I don't like your answer...

Hange POV

Relax, he's fine.

I just gave him something to make sure he wouldn't lash out at Levi, sheesh. We don't need a killing spree just because he feels like he isn't good enough. That wouldn't even be the case, Eren would've just blamed himself from what I've learned. Not like I'm going to tell Levi this though. I need some leverage, just in case, for what the future holds. I cannot be blamed here, my best friend might be my best friend, and I'm down to commit some murders and arson, but until he settles in, I need to find reasons for him to keep me alive. Not that he would kill me, I'm clearly not a threat. Just a precaution.