Chapter 41: The Gift (Part 2)

Eren POV

I sit there awkwardly while Levi holds me.

I wish I could say I did something cute or something but nope, I'm just sitting here. How tragic.

I know Levi's going to leave soon, but I really just want him to stay. Maybe not like this because it's really awkward, but with me. I know he's not leaving me alone, but I've been getting used to being around him constantly, and I've really started relying on him. I know that's probably not a good thing, but I don't have to think about anything or anyone else when I'm with him. When he's gone I'm stuck with Hange, who I don't really know all that well. I don't know why he wouldn't let me stay with Kasa and Armin, it would make sense. I can understand, though, why he didn't want to leave me alone, I don't want to be alone. But I'd rather be alone than not with Levi.

"When do you have to go?"

I shift around, sitting in between Levi's legs and resting my head on his shoulder. I'm staring a hole into the mattress, I don't want to look him in the eyes right now, I have to get my movie position in, and this is the last position that the couple is in before one of them leaves for war and never returns and knowing this fact, looking at his face will make me cry. And I'm too tired to cry, it takes up too much energy.

"Not until Hange gets here, and she's always late."

He says that annoyed and sarcastically, meaning she's probably extremely early. And at the doorstep. Now.

"Did you lock the door?"

"Yup."

"How long do we have?"

"She knows she has to pay for my door if she brakes it, so I'll give it five minutes before she picks the lock."

We sit there in silence for a few seconds, but something nags at my mind. I want to say it but I don't know if I should. Ah, whatever, I'm gonna say it.

I sigh, "She's not gonna pick the lock, is she?"

"She's probably already in the house."

"So we should get up."

"Probably."

Neither of us move.

"Hide in the closet to buy time?"

Levi let's out a breathy laugh as he nods, "So when was the last time you were in the closet?"

I puff out my cheeks. How DARE he. How could he be so rude! I uncurl myself and cross my arms. So what if I look like a tiny child? He deserves it. I don't want to do anything drastic though. Just burst his eardrums.

"HA-" He muffles my voice with his hand.

"Hey, I'm sorry, I won't say anything else, I promise, just don't do that."

I roll my eyes. A simple sorry would've sufficed, now I feel bad. Then it dawns on me. Oh wow, that was a terrible looking series of events. He asked me when I came out of the closet, and then I call for a female's name...it's not the worst that could happen, but whoops. It was a really childish thing to do. I should probably apologize.

Nah.

I took the blanket from my face awhile ago, but I'm still gripping it in my fists. I let it go, turn around and wrap my arms around his neck. He puts his hands on my waist, and we kinda just look into each other's eyes for a bit. His eyes flicker to my kind for a second before catching mine again. My face goes crimson when I nod. We begin to get closer when the door SLAMS open and I jump at the loud noise, accidentally digging my fingernails into my arms.

"PLEASE CONTINUE, IT'S LIKE IM NOT EVEN HERE!"

My arms start bleeding from the force, and I panic. Levi can't know, he'll freak out, and he has something to do today. With my quick thinking, I quickly let go of and jump off of Levi to run over and hug Hange. I really, REALLY know I shouldn't, but it's the only thing I can think to do. I'm sorry, Levi, I really am.

Levi POV

What the actual fuck.

Ok, I'm done. I'm leaving. I need to go now before I do something in front of Eren. I need to get out of the same room and calm down. If I don't, I might slaughter someone in this room, and it sure as hell isn't Eren. He didn't do anything wrong, he just hugged his friend. I think they're friends. All they are is friends, right?! Are they even friends? I don't know but right now I can't even think about it.

I grip the side of the door way, "Hange's here, it's time for me to-"

Eren pecks me on the cheek, "Go. I know, I know. I'll call you in a bit."

I nod my head and nonchalantly escape. I get out to my car where I continue my mental screaming in peace. Holy fuck! That was adorable! Who decided that was a good idea?! It's impossible to stay upset when he goes and pulls that shit, holy hell. I start my car, extremely lonely.

I can't help it, I feel nothing but loneliness and want when he's not here. I get to the place that was scribbled into the bottom of the note. I brought the note with me because I didn't want Eren to find it. I step outside, and see the worst building I've ever scene in my entire existence. THIS SHIT IS FILTHIER THAN SCHOOL WHAT THE HELL?! Who looked at this and went, "Ah yes, not suspicious at all." I don't even want to know, I might have to meet them.

I reluctantly enter the building, where I'm met by my uncle and two larger guys, who I'm just going to assume work for him. He smiles when he sees me, but I just blankly stare back, as I still don't know what it is he's going to give me, only under the assumption it's good. Which it better be after I had to leave Eren at home with...I had to to leave Eren at home.

"So you probably want to know why I called you here."

I cross my arms, "No, I just love dirty old buildings."

He just laughs and beckons me to follow him, "This way."

I follow him into a room, and my entire persona changes. My lips curl up into a smirk as I scan the room, already stocked full with a nice assortment of weapons of all kinds. I was handed a protective suit, to make sure none of the blood would get on me. I was going to need it. My eyes marveled at the weapons, sure, but they're useless with nothing to use them on. A dark chuckle escapes my throat as I flick my eyes over to the centerpieces in the room.

These are the bitches that held my Eren against the wall.

—————

A bit shorter today, but this is a 4 parter, and it's just to get things set up. I epoh you enjoyed!