Chapter 3

Eren POV

I did it. I talked to him. FOR A WHOLE CLASS PERIOD! That was so...I don't know the right words. I'm glad, but also kind of scared. I wish I could have bothered him less, but it's so much scarier trying to talk to a teacher. At least Levi, even though he's older than me, doesn't tower over me. It feels safer.

My mind flashes back to when he pet my head. My hand instinctively went up to my hair where his hand was. What was that? I feel the heat rise to my cheeks thinking about it. I shake my head. No, don't get too attached, you never know what might happen.

The day goes on, and no matter how hard I try, I can't bring myself to talk to anyone else new. I guess I used up all my courage in the first hour.

"Hey Eren, Mikasa is getting the food, do you wanna find a seat?"

I look to Armin and nod my head. We walk over to an empty table and sit down. Mikasa comes over with what I can only assume to be Wawa. She really must have taken what Armin said to heart.

"Thanks, but where'd you get this money from?"

She looks down, "Well, I, Uh, got a job. I figured I could use what money we had left for this because of that."

"When does it start?"

"Today..."

I was turned to Armin, but saw that same look Mikasa had. Don't tell me.

"You too?"

Armin nervously laughs, "Y-yeah..."

My heart drops. I'm going to be in the house. By myself. All alone. I feel a hand in my shoulder.

"Are you gonna be ok?" Mikasa asks.

I just look at her and smile, "Yeah of course, you'll come back eventually."

I just grab a water bottle. I don't really eat anything because I'm worried. I keep talking to Mikasa and Armin like normal, hoping they don't notice. I know they won't abandon me, but being alone without them is terrifying. What if he finds me?

I try to think about anything else. The only thing that comes to mind is that moment with Levi...

Levi POV

Eren hasn't eaten anything this entire time. I make sure to put aside some food for last period (where they sit together again for plot convenience).

"Stop staring, it's gonna get creepy"

I turn my head to see Shitty Glasses. She's been documenting my feelings and actions for awhile now. I don't know why I'm letting her do this if she isn't even going to help.

"So I noticed you've started talking."

I nod, "Just a bit to help him in class. He also has my number."

"Wow you move quickly for not knowing what to do."

I deadpan. I look back over to Eren's table, where he seems to be a bit lost in thought. If only I knew why. Then I see his hand go up to his hair. Wait hold on. Is he thinking about me? No way.

—————-

Sorry this one was so short. I'm not running out of ideas or anything, I just didn't have much to write for this part. It was just establishing more feelings and friendships and things like that.