Chapter 21

Eren POV

It was only a little while until Levi came back up the stairs again. By this point I don't really know what's happening, but it's only tomorrow until I have to face school again, and that really worries me now. I wasn't really thinking about it until Levi mentioned it, but now it's all I can think about.

What if everyone stares? What if people come to ask me what happened? What if they blame me? What if-

"Eren what's wrong?"

I open my eyes that I didn't even know were closed to see Levi.

"O-oh, I was, um," I gulped, "just thinking."

He sits down on the bed next to me, "About?"

"I guess...going back to school...and the stares and confrontations I'm most likely going to get." I try to put my thoughts and nerves into words.

Levi wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him. He brings his head closer to my ear and whispers, "If anyone tries to hurt you in anyway, I'll kill them."

I shiver a little bit because he says it so calmly. He's probably just joking, it's a fairly normal joke to make. He then pulls me closer, so that my back is to his chest. He rearranges his hands so it's less of a grip and more of a hold. He nuzzles his face into my neck and that's when I become a red lightbulb. You could replace my face right now with a holiday light, and no one would know the difference.

"L-Levi?" I stutter out.

He just hums into my neck, sending a shiver down my spine.

"W-w-what are you-you d-doing?!" I say, a lot less fluently and a lot more squeaky than I would have liked it to be.

Levi POV

As much as I love hearing his beautiful voice, right now isn't the time. Not after what my mother just made me think about. I then hear a ping from my phone. I groan, not wanting to let go just yet.

It pings again,"Eren?"

"Y-yeah?"

"Could you get my phone for me? It's on the nightstand."

He reaches over and grabs my phone, as it pings once more, "It's Hange. Why is she texting you so late?"

He says it in a small, accusatory tone. It's adorable how he thinks I would ever cheat on him. Especially with someone as much of a pest as Hange. Of course Hange is a good friend but- woah woah did I just call that thing a friend? Eren what the f*ck did you do to my brain?

"Don't worry about it, love, she's got no sense of time."

I unlock my phone, to three texts from Hange. Only she would send something this late. I can't have quality time with Eren, no of course no, she needs to interrupt it.

Ravioli, check the news

Ravioli

Gosh dang it Levi pick up your phone!

How annoying.

Ok, ok, jeez, I'm with Eren right now.

Oh...then maybe don't check the news

"Tsk, so annoying. Eren, do you mind if I check the news on my phone?"

He shakes his head, "No, it's fine."

I nod and click on the news channel.

'Breaking news, local police officer car explosion'

Hange wasn't kidding, her skills with engines are terrible. Perfect. Eren starts shaking. Immediately I'm filled with worry. I turn the news off.

"Oh my gosh...that was Mr. Erwin, Levi!"

I put on a face of fake sadness, "I know...he was so young too."

That's what you get when you mess with someone that doesn't belong to you b!tch.

"Levi, I think I'm going to throw up."

I just nod and lead him to the bathroom. Thankfully, he doesn't make too much of a mess. I got to my room to give him an oversized shirt and a pair of sweatpants. I handed them to him and he got changed inside the bathroom.

Eren POV

I pull on Levi's sweatpants. They're really baggy and soft, which is really good. I go to put on Levi's shirt, when I accidentally breathe in the scent. It smells freaking amazing. It's a cottony smell, but it's also Levi. I eventually tug it over my head and walk out. Levi's waiting for me on the bed.

"Hey Levi?"

He turns to look at me, "Hm?"

"Do you think there's a reason the people I meet keep dying?"

His pupils dilate, and I'm scared he knows what I'm alluding to. To be fair, it's blatantly obvious. If he didn't know, that would be more shocking.

"I'm sorry, I just don't want you to be next!"

He gets up from the bed and walks over to me, "Eren." He says, sleepiness in his voice, "Who the hell do you think I am? If you're trying to scare me away with this death omen thing, it's not going to work. It's just a coincidence that you happened to know these two people." He sighs, "It's too late for this sh!t right now, we can talk about it later this morning."

I nod, giving a little yawn. I really am tired, so maybe my brain has already started the dream process. Levi's probably right, and it really is just a big coincidence.

Levi POV

He gets into the bed, and instinctively I wrap my arms around him. I know I do it a lot, probably too often, but it's the position I'm most comfortable in. I have insomnia, but whenever I'm holding him, I can fall asleep in an instant. Well, most of the time. Other times I just admire him. He says I'm too good for him but really, I'll never be good enough for him. That's why anyone who even hints at interfering needs to be eliminated.

It does worry me that he thinks so much about the deaths. He will start putting two and two together if left alone to his own devices, which I cannot allow. I hate to say it, but my mother is probably...correct.

"Hey Eren."

"Mhm?" He hums, drained of energy.

"You know you're mine, right?"

He yawns, "Yeah....all yours...Levi."

I nuzzle my face into his hair, "Good."

I'm going to keep it that way. No matter what I have to do, or who I have to kill. I don't care how many times I have to prove it. I'll keep him happy for the rest of his life. He doesn't have to know what I do, only that I do it. Yeah...that'll work.