Chapter 17

Levi POV

I was holding my world in my arms while he was sleeping, admiring his defenseless form. He looked so innocent and happy as he dozed off, nothing like the Eren I first met. I wonder what made him this way. It doesn't matter right now though. I have all the time in the world to worry about his past after I dispose of anyone and everyone who decides to take you from me.

I weave my fingers through his hair as I think about all the ways I can brutally murder the pedophile. I could set him on fire. Eren shifts a bit in his sleep. I suppose you're right, I could get caught. Maybe I could keep him in a basement for a few days and torture him? Eren snuggles closer to me and shivers. I bring the blanket up higher. You're right, if I get caught, they'll take you away from me.

Eren then mumbled in his sleep, "Car...crash."

My eyes widen as I realized he's having a nightmare. I quickly shake him awake. He shoots up and his eyes dart around the room. When he finally sees me, his eyes well up with tears and his head drops to his hands.

"It was just a dream...that's all." He says.

I reach out my arm, about to hold him when he darts up, and says he's going to go get something to drink. While I'm going to have to do something if the nightmares continue, he just gave me a foolproof idea. Well, at least if Hange doesn't screw it up.

Eren POV

It just felt so real. I shouldn't have walked out, and I should have just talked about it with him, but when have I ever done something correctly? What if I try to touch him and he isn't there? What if it wasn't a dream? What if meeting him was all a dream?

I take a deep breath in. It wasn't a dream, I'm just over thinking things because I want another reason to hate myself at this point. To tell myself it's all my fault. To give myself a reason to flake and run. What happened to Petra was an accident, and I can't blame Levi for it. My past is mine and mine alone, no matter what I want to be true and what is true, I can't help it.

"Eren?"

"Oh, hey Armin."

Armin puts an arm over my shoulders, "I thought you were sleeping?"

Before I could answer, I'm being pulled over and I am suddenly sitting down on the couch holding a cup of tea. I look over to Armin who is now holding a pen and a notepad.

"You session is now starting."

So about an hour later, I have spilled out my guts and anxieties and feelings, and whatever else I have left to say onto Armin. I'm a blubbering mess by the time I'm done, and I wait for whatever diagnosis I'm going to be given.

"So, Eren. Do you feel any better?"

"What?"

"Do you feel any better after getting all of it out? It's not like I could give you a diagnosis, but I can listen, and you obviously needed someone to do that."

See, in the past I probably would have started crying and hugged Armin. Not anymore. Nope. This time, I started crying, and jumped on top of Armin. After a few minutes I get up, wipe my face, and offer out my hand.

Armin takes it, "I promise I'll come to you next time Armo-"

"Don't you dare Jeager Schnitzel."

Armin is my best friend for a reason, and I can't believe I ever forgot it. Somehow and someway, Armin always knows exactly what to do, and I couldn't have asked for a better sibling of the covenant.

I don't know how, but the moment we met was brought up. Basically, the teacher was teaching us the Hokey Pokey, and when the teacher said "now put your right arm in" the entire class stopped and looked at Armin. After school, they all started pointing and laughing, and making fun of Armin's name. Mikasa and I, knowing what it was like to be isolated and picked on, chased away the kids.

"Come on, arm out." I said, with unintentional bad English.

Armin has crossed arms, "Hey!"

Mikasa started laughing, "He meant reach out your arm so he could pull you up."

From then on, the three of us were inseparable for no reason whatsoever, we just were. Current Armin and I burst into laughter at this little memory.

Levi POV

I heard laughing, so I walked into the kitchen to see Eren and whatever his friend's name is on the floor, wheezing. Why was he so happy with this coconut rather than me? What does it have that I don't? I don't want to have kill his friends but this b!tch is getting on my f*cking nerves.

"Hey, Sigmund Freud, has Eren spilled his- seriously you two? How old are you?" The overprotective she-demon says.

Eren and Blondie look to the female and then back to each other. Eren stands up while Armin sits up on the ground. The stifle their laughter before Eren speaks.

"Come on, arm out."

Then I sight I never thought I'd see happened. She started laughing. Scarf girl started laughing. I have never been so confused. Am I missing something?

"Is there something that I don't...?"

Eren looks over to me, his head drops. A pang of hurt shoots me in the chest. The coconut places a hand on his shoulder, Eren turns his head, and they lock eyes. The blonde nods and Eren smiles.

Eren walks over to me and hesitantly takes my hand. I raise my eyebrow in confusion. He squeezes my hand before sighing in...relief? I'm then surprised by Eren's arms wrapping around me.

"I'm sorry."

I laugh, "For what, you haven't actually done anything." That you know of.

The warmth leaves me as Eren pulls away, "Wait really?"

I shake my head, "Not a thing."

His head falls to the side as he looks down in confusion. He looks so f*cking adorable right now, and I hate that I have to leave. I kiss his forehead and sigh.

"I'm sorry, it's been 2 days, and I have to go home, but if you need anything, call me."

Eren apologizes for keeping me here for so long, but I just insist that it's ok. I walk outside and get into my car. The first thing I do, shockingly, is call Hange. She picks up the phone, and she sounds surprisingly mature. For Hange.

"Hey Levi, what's up, you don't tend to call unless it's important."

"So what how much do you know about car engines?"

------------

I'm SO sorry this is later than I usually update, but my power went out for two days, and I couldn't get online until yesterday, and after that all I have are stupid excuses like hanging out with my family, which I never do so I am shocked as well.