Chapter 26

Eren POV

"W-what?"

Is that what this is about? Did I do something to make it look otherwise? Did I do anything to make her think I do like him? Fudge, I've probably been so disrespectful! If this is a test, there's no point in lying.

"I...I don't really know. I haven't known him very long, and I guess I rushed into this without thinking. But even though I've only known him for a short amount of time, he's always been sweet to me. He always makes sure I'm comfortable, and for the past two weeks he's taken care of me.

"He always puts on a smile around me, and I spend so much time with him, I like to think I know everything about him, but in all honesty, I know nothing. Whenever I get upset, he can always tell and knows exactly what to do, but when he gets upset, I'm absolutely clueless and the only thing I can do it hold his hand. I wish he'd trust me with more, but in the end, it's his call, and I just want him to know he can tell me anything. He probably thinks that I wouldn't be able to handle it because all he's seen me do is cry and be on edge, and it's true, I'm probably the worst person at handling a situation, but...if it was for Levi, I'd be able to try.

"I know I have no right saying that, and he deserves so much better than me, but I want to be a better person, so I can deserve someone like him."

I open my eyes that I didn't even know were closed to see Levi's mother looking at me with an expression I can't recognize. She then sighs before scrunching her eyebrows up and giving me a soft smile.

"You're right. It doesn't matter what I was going to tell you, it not my place to say anything."

WAIT SHE WAS GOING TO TELL ME THINGS?! DARN IT! Now I'll seem like a jerk if I take it back. I mean I did mean it when I said it, but now I'm curious. I mean, if it was something life endangering, she would've told me already. Plus, Levi's to gentle to hurt anyone. Well me at least. Mikasa continuously seems...strange around him, and even though he's proven to be really popular, he only ever really talks to me and Hange. Not that Hange gives him a choice. I don't have anything to worry about, he's probably just more on the reserved side. And I really do want to hear his story, from him.

"Right, if it's worth saying, I want to hear it from him."

We go on to talk about little things, but the question in the back of my mind is what she was going to say. Levi should be home fairly soon though, so I'll be able to ask him I guess.

Levi POV

I loaded the items into the trunk as I got into the car. My trip was a lot longer than expected, and I'm running late. I just want to get home and see Eren already. What if he didn't take the news well? Has she told him yet? Did he run? He belongs to me, there's no way he ran. I get a ping from Hange.

You're gonna want to listen to this.

And audio was then sent to me, and I clicked it.(quick a/n: please don't be as irresponsible as Levi. Do not text and drive, this is an alternate universe where people look at the road while texting or something, but in the real world, most people aren't as lucky, and it's incredibly dangerous. Plus Levi is a perfectionist, do you know how messy a car crash would be? Thank you for listening to my TedTalk) It was a clip of an audio of Eren and my mother's conversation. He wants to be better to deserve me? He couldn't be more perfect if he tried. I don't deserve him, let alone being better than him. After that speech, there's no way my mother told him. She's not a very emotional person, but even she would be speechless for a second. Fantastic.

I get into the driveway, and instead of my mother waiting, it's Eren. He runs out to help me unload the groceries like the angelic being he is. He then goes the extra mile and puts everything away for me. He wants something. Whatever, we have school tomorrow, he needs to get to sleep already.

"Ok, brat, things change tomorrow, why aren't you in bed?"

He plays with his thumbs, "I was waiting for you..."

Sh!t he's adorable. I shake my head before kissing him on the forehead, "Come in, its late."

I reach my hand out for him to take. He doesn't move. He just looks at my hand before shaking his head, "What was it your mother wanted to tell me?"

I have to pick my words carefully. I can't tell him now, I can't worry him, but if I avoid it, it will still worry him. There's almost no way out of this situation.

"I...I've never really had to explain it to anyone before. It's not that I don't want to tell you, but it's not really something to talk about right before bed, you know? It's nothing to get worked up over, I'll try to explain tomorrow, after we've both gotten some well deserved rest, alright?"

Eren POV

I nod my head. It was annoying that I didn't get to know now, but his reasons were perfectly logical, and he gave me a specific date, so he wasn't trying to hide it or anything. All I can really do is believe him. I follow him up to bed, and realize just how tired I really am. I get changed while he takes a shower, and I lay in the bed. My consciousness drifts away right as I feel the bed start to dip, indicating he was there.

It's dark, the lights are dim, and I can see Mikasa and Armin next to me. I hear a scream and I turn to see Armin's dead body on the floor. I turn to Mikasa to see if she noticed, but right as I do, she falls against the wall and down, her blood leaving a trail. I bring my hands up to my face to stop myself from throwing up before I run. I run through empty hallways, classrooms, lockers, everywhere. I can't find anybody. I find Jean, and run up to him. I place my hand on his shoulder, but it's cold. I take my hand off my shoulder, and he falls to the floor. I blink, and everywhere my eyes can see are the dead bodies of my classmates scattered around the room. I see more familiar faces, like Hange. The bile rises in my throat. I look everywhere, but I can't find Levi. Not in the corpses, nor alive. Happy, yet distorted music then echoes through the hallways, and I can hear my heartbeat thumping loudly from my chest. I run into the nearest bathroom to through up, but on the mirror, smeared in blood, is a message. 'It's your fault, Eren. You did this to them'. I run out of the bathroom. I can't find the exit anywhere. I'm trapped. I fall against a locker, and curl into a ball. I feel a cold hand on my shoulder-

And I sit up. Tears are streaming down my face, and Levi is staring at me, worriedly.

"...dead....levitheywerealldeadi-!"

He pulls me into a hug, "Shh, calm down baby, it's ok. Who?"

"Everyone." I choke out, "Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Hange, everyone."

Levi rubs my back soothingly as I choke out sobs, "It's ok, Eren. None of them matter. You can't trust any of them to stay. All you need is me, you know? I'll never leave you alone like they did."

I tighten my grip around him and nod my head into his shoulder, "Everyone else will leave you, just like they did in your dream. They left you lost and afraid. That's why you don't need them. You only need me. I promise you, I'll always be with you. Always."

His words calm me down, and I understand what he means. As long as I always have him, I don't need anyone else. I don't want to feel the pain of someone leaving. It hurts. But it can't hurt if they never leave.

Eventually we lay back down, his arms never loosening, and I fall asleep again curled into him.

"You're mine, Eren. And I love you."