Chapter 18

Levi POV

*flashback*

"So how much do you know about car engines?"

"Ooh, where are we going with this?"

I roll my eyes, "Just answer the question."

"Well I'd like to say a lot, but every time I try to fix one, it spontaneously combusts a few minutes after it turns on."

"Perfect."

*real time*

So I told Hange to meet me at the Wawa near the Police Station. I get home to see my mother, who has always been sickly, on the couch.

(Real talk really quick, I would just like to not that this is an alternate universe, and while Erwin is portrayed as a bad guy in this, the rest of the police force in this system is typically, with a few outliers, genuinely a good system and all the flaws in the system today are nonexistent in this world, so this system is not corrupt, and I don't want Erwin's behavior to sum up all cops because that's just not true. Now off with my rant and back to the story)

"Mom, what are you doing out of bed?" I ask.

She turns to me, "Oh Levi! There you are! I was just looking at this picture of your father."

I look at the old photo of my father in his police captain outfit. He was so proud of his job, and mom always told me I should be just like him. I never took any interest in that, or anything, but now I see why it would probably be a decent option, and I have to say, the captain title seems quite fitting. Although I don't look much like my father, I apparently take after him quite a lot. My mother was everything to him, just like Eren is to me. He died a little while back.

I looked back up from the photo to see my mother asleep again, as she normally was. I decided to clean the house because it had gotten filthy since the last time I was here.

Eren POV

What am I doing? I can't fall in love. I know I shouldn't be having these thoughts, especially now, but I wasn't thinking straight before. I know what love does to a person. It turns you into a monster.

I know Levi wouldn't become violent over something happening to me, but what if I became violent? I would never be able to forgive myself if I hurt anyone. I don't know if I should talk to Armin about this. I love my best friend and all, but this isn't something you just share. Maybe Mikasa would understand better, since she lived through it.

I don't want to have to ask more of Mikasa, but she'll see right through me anyways. Even if she doesn't say anything, she'll know. It's how she's always been. I owe it to her for this one if nothing else.

I knock on her door, "Mikasa?"

I hear footsteps and the doorknob turns, "Eren?"

"Hey, can I talk to you?" I awkwardly ran the back of my head.

She nods and lets me in. I run and land face first into her head and let out a frustrated sigh. She sits on the bed, criss cross applesauce (don't you dare say it) and waits for me to speak.

"You need to end things with Levi."

Or at least I thought she was waiting for me.

I sit up, turn around to face her, grab her pillow and hug it to my chest, "Wait I-"

"Something isn't right with him." She cuts me off, "And besides, you were coming in to ask me what to do because of past events, right? My answer is to end it."