Chapter 38

Eren POV

I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have let it happen. I should've done something. Anything! My old instincts had to just kick in and I crippled down to the floor, preparing for the next attack. Instead I was picked up and taken somewhere. I don't know how much blood I lost, but it could've been worse, it's been worse. I don't know why I kept myself limp in her arms. Not her, they, I just assumed this is a female based only on what I can tell from physical appearance, but I shouldn't do that. If they are a female, though, they're nowhere near as strong as Mikasa. I could hear their heavy breath, straining while they were running, obviously not used to this kind of ordeal. 'Kasa would just sling me over her shoulder, like I was no extra weight at all. I only slowed her down a little bit. Jeez, when did I start talking like Armin? I don't really have much of a chance of getting away, so I might as well get comfortable.

"So, are you gonna tell me your name orrrrrr?"

My abductor stops dead in their tracks.

"Why so surprised? Any kidnapper worth their shiz should've known I've been conscious the whole time. Makes me lighter. That's kidnapping 101. And even if it isn't, it should definitely be a factor in any competent kidnapper.

I guess you could be surprised that I'm even speaking, but I don't think that warrants your reaction. You aren't an average kidnapper either because you definitely would've told me to shut up by now. So, who are you? And I'm only assuming you know who I am and what you're doing, or else this is a REALLY stupid idea."

My abductor laughs, "You're crazy, you know that?"

I roll my eyes, "Says the one who kidnapped me."

"I'm Ymir."

"Cool. So are we just gonna stay here or, what's the plan? If I'm being held for money, I EXPECT quality service in the basement."

"We aren't holding you for money, and I didn't mean to hurt you or anything, but you just started screaming and I couldn't think of any other ways to shut you up."

My mouth is slightly agape from shock/confusion, "Um, chloroform? And you kinda broke into my boyfriend's house, I'm gonna scream."

"The door was locked, and I'm on a time frame."

"Do you know my name or was this random?"

I think they shrug their shoulders, "All I was told was to 'grab the brunette with pretty eyes'. It's not usually my job to do these things, but it was short notice. Nothing is ever random though. Now can we please get to the compound? My girlfriend is waiting for me."

I just hum an 'ok' and Ymir starts running again. I really think Ymir is a woman, but I really don't want to assume, so I ask. Yay, intuition on point. She's kinda alright, sucks that she's doing illegal activity. All that hard work into breakfast for Levi only for it to be- WAIT LEVI! Is he ok?! I just left without even thinking! Frick frick frick frick!

Levi POV

My damn uncle! I called Hange and forced her to dig up who it was after looking at the footage. Of course my uncle is involved. I grip the steering wheel even tighter thinking about what he could be doing to him. I'll kill him and take over myse-"

My phone rings. It's Kenny.

"Before you do anything drastic, it was never my intent to hurt him."

"Oh yeah, because you're completely innocent in all this."

"Stop getting emotional. I'll have someone escort him straight home after he's loaded into the system."

"Loaded into the what!? I don't want him involved with you-"

"It's to make sure no one messes with him as leverage, keeping him off limits legally."

"Because you're the peak of following the law."

"You're one to talk."

"I never said I was. No need to escort him, I'm coming to pick him up. I trust you'll be finished by then?"

"Of course. And later in the week I'll have a gift ready for your troubles."

"Just keep him out of things."

I hang up the call. I'm not fond of Kenny, and I'd prefer to never have him be in the same vicinity as Eren ever, but he's the best shot I have at keeping Eren safe. This better be a damn good present or I'm coming for his and this 'Ymir's' fucking bone marrow.

It takes me a lot longer to get to the place than it would have. Damn midday traffic, no one asked for you. I open the door and expect to be greeted with Eren looking scared. But nope, he's eating chips on the couch with another brunette. Our eyes lock once he sees me and he jumps up, running over to me.

"LEVI! You came to get me! You owe me $20 Ymir. Oh yeah, have you met my kidnapper?"

I grab his wrist and start dragging him out. I don't feel like dealing with someone else making him so happy right now.

"We're going? Bye Ymir! Tell Historia hi for me! You know where I live, just drop of the money when you get the chance. And every day you don't is another dollar of interest!"

Aww, my little corrupt businessman. I shove him into the car, where the drive is completely silent other than the sound of his breathing. Until he speaks.

Eren POV

Ha, swindled out of her money. I'm so smooth. Levi seems on edge though. I should probably assure him that I'm ok, the hallway is probably a mess. I worked hard on those pancakes too.

"Real talk, Lev, are you ok? I didn't mean to leave-"

"Eren you were fucking kidnapped! Does that not bother you even a little bit?! She fucking stabbed you!"

I'm confused. Why is he so upset? Sure I left for a bit, but Ymir didn't do much. Triggered a few old instincts ok but nothing I'm not used to.

"You're acting like I'm not used to getting stabbed."

——————-

I dunno beans, but it's here. A bit later than I said, and a meh chapter, but I have to get through this quickly so I can get to the things I really want to get to. See you soon!