Chapter 19

Eren POV

I quickly ran out of the room. I stumbled in the hallway, slipping on my socks, and fell. I want to see him. I pushed myself up again, and put the phone back to my ear, wanting to hear him again.

'Are you ok?!'

"Y-yeah. I...I slip-slipped."

I was still choking out tears as I ran down the stairs, towards the door. This was what I imagine characters in movies feel like whenever they reach the climax of the film and they finally get to see the love interest again. I pause to take a breath at the couch. The house either suddenly got larger, or I suddenly got out of shape. That or I could barely think straight right now.

I caught my breath and ran to the door. I tried to turn the handle, but the stupid thing was locked. I heard the engine of a car switch off, and I tried pushing the door open. Finally realizing that wouldn't work, my hands fumbled with the lock as I heard a door shut. I swung the door open and rushed outside.

Levi.

The second I saw him, I couldn't stop myself from running straight towards him. There are full rivers flowing out of my eyes at this point, but I don't care. My knees gave out and I pretty much fell on top of him. He caught me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Imsorryimsorryimsorryimsorryimsorryim-"

He starts rubbing my back, "Shh, calm down."

I put my arms around and squeezed him.

"I'm sorry."

"There's a backup generator at my house if you want to stay with me." He says.

That's right, he doesn't know what I was about to do. I can work with that for now. It's not lying, it's just not the whole truth. I quickly nod my head and he lifts me up. I wrap my arms around his neck and bury my eyes into his shoulder. He opens the passenger door and puts me down. I buckle myself in as he gets into the driver's seat.

He starts the engine and I'm still trying to process what I just tried to do. I tried to run away from him when he's been nothing but good to me. If I had actually run, I would have been no better than the monster. I then feel a hand on top of my own. My head whips to face Levi, who doesn't look at me, but smiles.

"I thought I'd return the favor."

I wipe my eyes with my free hand. How did I ever get someone as perfect as Levi. He literally does everything right every time. He was too good for me. I don't deserve him.

"You deserve someone better than me..."

The car stops. It's a red light. He takes his eyes off the read and looks at me with disbelief. I look down to the floor of the car until I feel a squeeze on my hand.

"Look at me."

I turn my head up to face him.

"You are perfect to me. I don't care how many times I have to say it for you to believe it, but it will never be any less true. You are my entire world, and it f*cking hurts every time you say you aren't good enough. I want to shower you with the affection you deserve, but you try to run away every time."

Oh if only you knew how true that was.

"I don't know how I can convince you that I love you, but I will do everything I can until it's drilled into your skull. I love you. So f*cking much."

I don't know what it was, but while it was sweet, something about it was ominous. It wasn't much though, and I really do want to believe him. The light then changes to green, and the car continues moving again.

Levi POV

Part of me knew he wasn't going to say it back, but the other part really hoped he did. It doesn't matter though, we have a full lifetime to spend together with plenty more opportunities for him to say it.

I almost feel bad for what I'm about to do, but it's not like he'll know I'm doing it: I'm just going to trick him into staying at home every hour of every day. I mean I guess for school he can go, as long as he always remembers to come straight to me every break, and in between classes so I can check on him.

His tight grip on my hand loosens, and I start my eyes over to him, trying to also look at the road. He's sleeping. He looks so peaceful. If he only knew how much I loved him. Here he is, the boy of my very existence, right here before me. All mine.

I pulled into the driveway, where I was met with my mother opening the door. I was a bit confused, but I would explain Eren later, right now I had to get him to bed.  I unbuckled him and picked him up. I walked up to the door, where I was greeted by my mother.

"Hange told me you'd be bringing-"

"Shh, he's sleeping."

I carry him upstairs, and lay him on my bed. I run my fingers through his hair while I watch his slumbering form. He is just so perfect.

"You know your father would have the same look on his face while watching me."

I tear my eyes off of my sleeping angel and look at my mother.

"He really is beautiful, Levi. I'm going to hope he's asleep naturally?"

I let out a sigh, "Yes, but he tried to run away."

There is a bit of a silence before my mother answers.

"Did you ask him why?"

"He doesn't know that I know."

My mother laughs, "What else is new? If you never tell him anything, it's never going to get easier."

I knew she was speaking from experience, but it made my blood boil. How could she know what was best for Eren? He belongs to me. She doesn't get to decide what I decide he needs to know. All he needs to do is stay by my side and be loved. That's it. He doesn't need to know about Petra, or Erwin, or anybody else who tries to flirt with him. He doesn't need to care about anyone or anything else. Soon all that will matter in his life will be me. As it should be.

I bring my mother back to her bed, just wanting to end the conversation. When I get back to my room, Eren is sitting up in bed, terrified.

"Eren?"

His eyes quickly dart over to me, as I run over to him worried.

"Eren what's wrong?" I put my hands on his shoulders.

He looks down, "I...I woke up and you were gone. I was scared you left me."

A normal person would be worried about this statement. They would console them, and tell them they were just in the other room, and that there was nothing to worry about. They would try and help their partner through whatever was happening so that they would go back to normal. But I'm not a normal person. I wrap my arms around Eren and smirk.

"I'll never leave you, my dear."