Chapter 25

Eren POV

I know that Levi isn't being the most approachable, but he hasn't done anything wrong to Jean except call him out, which technically was the right thing to do. I'm sorry if I'm picking sides, but I don't see why Jean would be acting like this. Thankfully he shuts his mouth and walks away.

Levi then rests his forehead on the edge of my shoulder, "I'm sorry, this was supposed to be a fun night."

I just laugh, "What, you aren't having the time of your life?"

"When I'm with you, it's always the time of my life."

I know that was probably a line from a movie, and a cheesy one at that, but the heat rose to my face almost instantly. It doesn't matter what he does at this point, somehow I always end up a mess.

"Please never say that again."

He laughs and nods. We talk for a little while until the food comes. I'm shocked. It didn't take very long at all. How classy. Jean doesn't try to make any sort of conversation the rest of the time we're there, and it's a lot less awkward than I thought it would be. We finish, and once again, Levi refuses to let me even look at the bill. Not that I would've been able to pay it.

He pays, and then immediately starts dragging me to the car. I'm a bit confused until I remember the truth bomb that exploded earlier.

Levi POV

We get out to the car, and we get in. I start the car, and try to pick my words carefully, so it doesn't come out forceful.

"Eren." I begin slowly, "I know it happened a long time ago, but even though you won't admit it, it still effects you. Not with the way you view Jean, but with the way you view yourself. That's what I really want to know."

He then reluctantly begins telling me the chain of events that led to him moving here. (Refer to chapter 7 and put any questions in the comments because I'm too lazy to explain here) I know these are the experiences he went through that made him come to me, but it doesn't make them any less heartbreaking. They hurt him. I understand why he does and says the things he does, and even though I know it wasn't all bad, I want his past to burn in hell. If I didn't want to protect him with every fiber in my body, I sure do now.

When I pull into the driveway, I see my mother waiting by the door, again. This time, I think I might need to use her services. I stop the car, but I don't take out the keys. I place my hand on Eren's shoulder.

"Thanks for opening up to me, it really means a lot. If you ever want or need to just talk about it, or just have to comfort of another person, that's one of the many things I'm here for. I know I shouldn't pour my heart out right now, but I think I need to. You don't have to say anything, but I just want you to know that I love you, and absolutely nothing will ever change that. And I mean it. Nothing. I'm glad you could trust me with your past, even though you didn't have to. I'm sorry that this night didn't really go as planned."

He just shakes his head, "No, Levi, sometimes it's better to let life take the wheel, you know? Anyway, your mom looks pretty annoyed."

We get out of the car and walk towards the house. Eren and I take turns taking a shower, I go first, and then I get changed and head back down to my mother.

I sigh, "You were...right."

"Of course I was. About what?"

"I need you to tell him. I'll screw everything up if I do it, and you can probably, j don't know, empathize more."

"Who are you and what did you do with my emotionless control/clean freak?" I glare at her, "Ah, there you are. Anyway, I can certainly tell him, but you will need to be the one to keep your relationship healthy."

As much as my blood boils thinking about Eren being unhappy with me, I understand what she means. I won't be here for the conversation, I'll be out shopping, but I trust my mother to at least try. Eventually Eren comes down the stairs, and walks into the room. I ask him to stay here with my mother while I go to the store.

"Aw, but Levi, I want to come!"

F*ck he's adorable, "My mother said she wanted to talk to you about something, I'll try not to be too long though, ok?"

Eventually I get out the door and drive to the store. I mainly just get food and other essentials. When I go to check out, I'm met with a familiar, and unwelcome face.

"Levi?!"

I ignore her.

"Where is my brother?! I want to know where he is!"

I sigh in annoyance, "Frankly, I don't care what the hell you want right now, and I don't know what gave you the idea that I did, but you're f*cking annoying right now, so if you want to get a paycheck, I suggest you leave me alone and stop holding up the line."

Eren POV

"So you wanted to talk about something?"

She puts the kettle onto the stove, "We'll get to that in a minute. Right now, I want to talk about you."

"Me?" I point to myself and she laughs.

She nods, "Yes, you."

Why would she need to talk to me? Did I do something wrong?  Does she want to kick me out? I did barge in on her home randomly. Why have I never thought if this before? I can't just expect her to be ok with me living here. I've been totally ungrateful this whole time.

I gulp as she sits down and crosses her legs, "So. What's your opinion of my son?"

Hey guys, I'm sorry this update is late, I know I normally do 2 updates at a time, but life just decided to crumble in front of me and then have one of my closest friends accidentally stab me in the back and hit me like a freight train with broken breaks going at full speed and I feel like such a sh!tty friend for getting upset over it, so it took me a little while to just numb it out while trying to fix things. I should be back now though.