Chapter 4

Levi POV

Eventually lunch ends and I have to go back to class. I have to rip my eyes off of Eren, which is not easy to do. I have two more agonizing hours before I sit next to him again. I stuff the (whatever snack food you want, I honestly have no idea what he would have) into my jacket pocket and head to class.

The hours go by so slowly, as if teasing me. When I'm finally able to get to my long awaited class, I bolt. Eren comes in and sits down. He sends me a soft smile and I feel my heart flutter. He's so effortlessly adorable.

When the teacher looks away from the class, I open the snack. I nudge Eren with my elbow and point. He looks confused until he sees what I'm pointing at. His eyes light up and he nods his head. I quickly turn away to get the hand sanitizer, hiding the obvious redness on my face.

I squeeze the sanitizer and he rubs his hands. I balance the bag on my leg (I know it's impossible, but this is Levi, he's probably perfected this to eliminate crumbs) and allow him to take the food when he wants it. Eventually, I pretend I'm full and hand him the rest. He sends me the 'are you sure' look, and I just nod my head.

Eren POV

The day ends and I really don't want to be alone. The thought scares me more than I thought it would. I don't want to risk getting any closer to Levi than I have to, but at this point, I don't care. Anything is better than being alone.

"H-hey Levi?" I ask, probably sounding like a scared kitten.

"Yeah brat?" He says, using that weird nickname.

I get cold feet. I can't ask him. At least not right now. Maybe I can at least get him to stay and talk for a bit longer.

"You gave me your number, but I never gave you mine."

I tell him my number and he puts it in his phone. As soon as he finishes that, I make small talk as he heads to his locker. I keep talking there, knowing Mikasa and Armin have already left. I ask him to come with me to my locker, and though he doesn't say anything, he follows me.

Eventually, I know I can't keep him here any longer without telling him why.

It takes up everything I currently have, but I decide to just get it out.

"Do you have any plans after school?"

Levi POV

"Do you have any plans after school?"

Nope, not anymore. Everything has just been cancelled on the account of this is more important. Looks like I'm free.

"Why?"

He looks down, "Well...MikasaandArminbothhavejobsandimreallyafraidofbeingleftaloneand-"

"Woah woah woah, slow down."

He explains once again, and now I see what happened at lunch. I want to know why he's so scared of being alone, but right now, I don't care. A whole 5 hours! Just us! I probably have to text Shitty Glasses this so she doesn't make an appearance.

( Levi, Hange)

Don't try to find me, I'm with Eren

There, that should be-

Ooh~! Can I come?

What part of "don't find me" do you not understand?!

Surely that's the-

If you tell me everything that happens, I can tell you more about his past~

Deal

I put my phone away. I know I shouldn't have said yes to that, but I want- no need to know everything about him. It's selfish, but he's going to me mine anyway, so I was always going to find out.

I walk back over to Eren, "Sorry, yeah I'm free, I just had to talk to my...friend real quick."

He waves his hands in front of him, "No no, you're fine, I'm just grateful you agreed."

Basically he just takes me to his house, which for 3 teens isn't too shabby. What is shabby is the cleaning. Instinctively, I grab the cleaning supplies and get working. It only takes me an hour because it's pretty small. Eren just watched the whole time, confused.

"I-I'm sorry, I invited you over and your first instinct was to-"

"Don't even finish that sentence. It's just a pet peeve of mine. I'd do it anywhere."

We spend the next few hours just talking, and getting homework done. Thankfully the talking isn't about me, but I'm kinda upset it's not about him. It's just random. I don't want to push him out of his comfort zone, so I just go along with it.

Eventually, the time comes where I have to leave.

I ruffle his hair again as I head out the door, "Until next time, brat."

Eren POV

I was really glad the conversation didn't switch too all about me. I was really glad that he respected my boundaries.

He ruffles my hair again before leaving. I don't know why, but I feel so safe when he does that. It's like I don't have to be afraid anymore. As soon as his touch leaves, however, everything comes back. He leaves, and I'm reminded of the real world.

Five minutes later Armin and Mikasa return home. I decide not to tell them that Levi was here, but deciding to keep the house clean, I tell them to wipe their shoes on the doormat. It's not much, but it's something.

Later when I'm about to go to bed, I get a text from Levi.

Did they get home soon after I left?

I quickly type my response.

'Yeah'

That's good. I just wanted to check in. Goodnight :)

For some reason, I smile, knowing he was thinking about me. I quickly snap out of it though, and remind myself not to get too attached just in case. A little attachment couldn't hurt though. Right?

'Nightie night Levi'

—————-

HAHAHAHA 4 chapters in one go! I mean it is 12 am, but so what, it's 4 chapters I don't have to worry about.