Chapter 6.

Adrianna's POV.

The room was silent.

It was so silent you could hear a pin drop. They were all staring at me, probably not knowing what to say I mean I did just tell them what happened to me just with a different context and I feel as though Spencer has figured out how I know this considering he was about to bring up articles and news specials on me I mean there was a lot of them. The others looked as though they may know I went through this but I'm hoping they won't any questions. 

Hotch and Gideon sensed my discomfort and Gideon stood up and walked to me offering the seat he just left, the one between Derek and Hotch. "Thanks, Adri we know Marcus' mental state and personality so well it makes our job of catching him so much easier. However, one thing Adri cannot remember is his geographical pattern" Gideon spoke. He completely missed that he just said that I don't remember and the whole team looked at me and just then I wanted to burst into tears, again. 

I stood up and mumbled and "Excuse me" and left the room. I found the break room and made myself a cup of tea. I found tea helped me more than coffee, coffee made me all jittery and hyper-sensitive while tea calmed me. Just then Derek walked in and started making himself a pot of coffee. "you know there's a full pot right there" I said as there was a couple of pots in the break room. "I know" he said taking a pause, me staying quiet "But at least I know this one's fresh and hot" he stated, me being the smart ass I am decided to ethics to him "That's incredibly bad for the environment, just think how many people it took to pick those coffee beans and how underpaid they are and then how far they've travelled. All that extra work for one cup of coffee when there was a perfectly full pot just next to you". He smirked probably knowing I'm trying to avoid the obvious topic at hand "yeah and drinking tea is any better all those little plastic baggies' going into the ocean" playing along with my subject change. "Actually, these ones are biodegradable, so no turtles are getting chocked in the ocean from them" I replied smoothly as it was an actual fact on the back of the box that I had read when letting the tea brew.

We stand in silence just drinking our drinks but for some reason the silence becomes too painful to stand in, so I decide to break it "Hotch sent you in here to check on me, didn't he?" I questioned; he nodded his head but decided to ask a question of his own, but it wasn't the one I was expecting "How'd you know it was Hotch who sent me?" I smiled thinking over my reasoning "Because if it was Gideon, he would have come himself like last time or sent one of the girls, he's too protective of me to let a man come anywhere near me" which was the truth, I mean Gideon knows my issues with me and how I don't trust them easily, not that I'm intimidated or anything just that if I feel threatened, I become unpredictable. 

"A man huh, and why would he be protective of you in such a manner?" he questioned. I'm very quick witted and if I feel comfortable around someone, I'm very sarcastic "Would you rather I call you a boy" to which he shook his head "And because I'm kinda like an honorary daughter, he took care of me when I wanted no one else to" he nods his head in understanding not wanting to say anything more. We both finished our drinks a few minutes later. We place them in the sink "You coming back to the conference room?" he asked to which I nodded and let him lead the way.

When we entered the room, we went and sat in our original seats, I felt Hotch's hand on my shoulder squeeze it gently just letting me know he was there if needed. I appreciated it. I looked at the board to see a map on there with small picture of little girls stuck in different places with a number next to them clearly showing a pattern. Penelope looked shocked and said "There's 36 girls on that list and nobody thought to call us before now" she was getting riled up everyone was we all just hid it better obviously. "There's one for every month for the past 3 years" I say to make it clear. We spent the next hour trying to figure some sort of geographical pattern but I knew it was no help because he had no pattern when it came to where he was living or taking the kids.