Chapter 23.

Adrianna's POV.

While in the ambulance getting some stiches for my cheek and a couple of an apparently deep cut on my stomach, which I couldn't feel until the EMT decided to poke a needle through my skin. Hotch was keeping me company but in reality, he was keeping an eye on me making sure I was okay. I've been through this before and it will be like last time apart from now I have Hotch and Derek and the others to help me, I felt like I'd found a family I didn't want to leave, I wanted to stay in this family. However, I knew was I was fixed and back in Quantico I would only have Hotch and Gideon and everything would go back to how it was before simply because I feel as though I hadn't tried with the other members of the team. Spence was like a brother to me, Gideon like a parental figure, Hotch like an older protective brother and Derek... well I wasn't sure about Derek.

I was glad he was the one to find me I'm embarrassed at the state he found me in but I'm glad it wasn't Gideon who found me again, I feel like that might have broken his heart. I think I like Derek as more than a friend, but I can't be what he wants or needs, I come with a lot of baggage and I don't want to put that on him although he already knows some of it. While deep in thought I looked back to when I walked out that door to see a smirking Marcus and I knew how he was going to play his cards, he'd get into an interrogation room and say he will only speak to me, just to put me through more pain. I looked back at Hotch tears filling my eyes again, I hated crying it made me feel weak and helpless, like a damsel in distress but he wrapped his arms around me now the EMT had finished what she was doing.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry" I hiccupped into his chest probably destroying his suit, but it seemed as though Hotch didn't care. "It's okay Adri you're safe and he's not going to hurt you anymore" Hotch had this tone he only reserved for situations like these and for certain people and luckily, I was one of them, however he did not see the irony in his sentence because Marcus would continue to hurt me for my whole life, this is not something I was going to forget.

Derek broke us apart questioning if we were ready to go, I felt bad, I had just left him after he found me and after I cried into his chest. I didn't want him to think I wanted Hotch more than him, it's just I trust Hotch more than him, which when thinking that feels wrong but it was the truth. Hotch guided me to the car and tossed his keys at Derek. I was glad Hotch gave up his front seat for me and when Spence got in beside me with JJ in front I felt truly safe, like I was untouchable. Physically maybe I was but mentally I knew Marcus will still play in my mind so to try and stop my thoughts from going to last night I closed my eyes and rested my head on Hotch's shoulder, avoiding the truth of what happened last night, I wasn't ready to face that yet.