Chapter 8.

Adrianna's POV.

Before we got out the SUV, I gave Hotch his glasses back, it was clear he knew something was wrong with me, but to be honest I hadn't slept in over 24 hours and couldn't remember the last time I ate, I felt a little faint and those parents recognized me. It was import for this little girl that he didn't find out I was working with the BAU or maybe I was just telling myself that so I wouldn't have to think about confronting him myself. I was scared, terrified even.

Hotch grabbed my arm to stop me from getting out, I turned to look at him and saw sympathy in his eyes "You'd tell me if something was wrong right?" he questioned, I smiled slightly "If I'm being honest Hotch I'm not okay, I don't know how you and Gideon do it along with the rest of the team. None of you have slept in over 24 hours how do you just push through it? I've also not ate since dinner yesterday, I'm tired if that wasn't made clear and they recognized me" I said rushed, my heart was starting to beat, fast the kind you get when you've not eaten a sufficient amount. His face then suddenly changed to a disappointed one, was he disappointed in me for not being able to keep up with then? "I'm so sorry, I hadn't taken into consideration those things, we normally just go to bed at night no matter how much sleep we've had, even then sometimes we don't because we are hard wired to finish cases quickly, how about you take a quick nap in the conference room, then I'll order pizza or something" I nodded my head realizing he was disappointed in himself for not noticing rather than being disappointed with me.

We got out and went to the conference room where it was still surprisingly empty. I laid on one of the couches that was in the room, with a cushion under my head, and felt my eyes start to drop. I felt a jacket or blanket being placed over me before I was completely gone.

Derek's POV.

Me and Gideon arrived back at the police station and noticed the SUV Hotch took was back, which meant Adrianna was as well, at this I felt myself smile a little, why I don't know she was just special. I knew she had obviously been taken from this sicko when she was little but apart from that I hadn't had the time to search into her more. I knew searching her up was wrong and if she found out she'd probably hate me, but Reid refused to tell me anything, I hadn't bothered asking Hotch or Gideon because I knew they wouldn't tell me they're like fathers to her.

We were about to enter the meeting room when Hotch raced up to us "Do you guys want pizza and if so, what toppings also be quiet when you go in there Adri is sleeping," this was obviously Adrianna's doing because we never really ate while on the job, but I was thankful for it "I'll have a pepperoni" I spoke calmly and entered the room quietly to Hotch's request. I noticed Adri didn't have a blanket or anything, so I shrugged my jacket off and put it over her shoulders to help keep her warm. She looked peaceful, when she was awake, she always looked on edge or like she was constantly looking over her shoulder for something, as if she was about to be hurt. I felt protective of her as if she needed that, she put me on my ass quickly. That bastard did a number on her.

Gideon walked into the room and caught me staring at her which I quickly stopped and turned to him. He was smirking "I know what you're thinking Morgan and I think someone like you would be a good thing in her life, I'm just not sure she can be someone you need. She puts this tough girl act on and she's anything but that, me and Hotch keep quiet because when she wants to talk, she does, we don't push because she pushes away from us as a defense mechanism to protect herself." I nodded understanding what he was saying which was not to push her because it won't help anyone involved.

JJ, Reid, Prentiss and Hotch came in with 7 pizza boxes between us and set them down on the table. We kept Adri's to the side because she hadn't woken up yet and we all conversed notes between each other.

About half an hour later Adri had gotten up and eaten her pizza, Hotch suggested she tell the team what they had learnt "Umm" she stuttered still sleepy "The parents of our latest victim described her as exactly what my parents would have described me as things like bubbly, happy, funny and playful, liked people basically making her an easy target. I also looked at her room and it looked mine when I was little, this has relevance because I believe he is trying to recreate what he did with, what gave this away was when Mrs. Davis said 'You look like how I'd imagine my daughter would be when she was older' it struck me that he's trying to recreate the thing that he loved the most with replacements and is stalking them before taking them" she spoke in a now calm tone. I can't imagine what she's going through, it must be difficult.