Chapter 39.

Adrianna's POV.

I woke in the morning to the smell of bacon and pancakes, I looked at the alarm clock to see it was 7:30 which for me lately was a lie in. If I'm being honest that was one of the best sleeps, I've had since Marcus. After we kissed last night, we both decided to cuddle up and go to sleep both agreeing on it had been a very emotional night and that we both needed the rest.

Plodding my way through the hallway and down the stairs I made my way into the modernized kitchen that held quirks but was very pretty with its uniqueness, stopping in the doorway I found Derek with no shirt on dancing around making the bacon and flipping a pancake then adding it to the pile. He was also dancing, which was as sight to see, all I'm saying is that man could move his hips. He turned to grab two plates and saw me smiling "Well good morning sunshine" I giggled at his comment. "You've got some pretty good dance moves agent" I joked but his eyes turned to me and they were a shade darker and filled with something I didn't recognize.

We ate breakfast in a comfortable quiet, before we both decided to go get changed for the day considering we both had to work today. I was dressed and ready before him which surprised me in all honesty, however he was never getting his shirt back that was in my bag ready to go home with me. I heard him coming down the stairs in a not so graceful manner "Hey Adri, I think you should spend weekends here, I think it will help it'll give you a break from Hotch and their house and you'd get to spend more time with the amazing me" he joked at the end. His offer was a lot to consider but I was leaning towards it however much I loved Hotch, Hayley and Jack it did get suffocating in the house sometimes, maybe spending weekends here wouldn't be so bad, I mean it probably wouldn't help the small crush I was developing on Derek. Who was I kidding after that kiss it was a massive crush. I couldn't help but feel like I was in a protection detail always having to have someone to watch over me as if I was a baby incapable of looking after herself.

"Oh, Derek Morgan, you could at least take me on a date before inviting me to semi live with you" I joked, and I did purely mean as a joke although going on a date with Derek wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to me it would probably be the best. A smirk appeared on his face and I knew that he had taken my comment seriously. "Okay Saturday, 6'o clock I won't have to pick you up because you'll already be here, just bring a nice outfit. I have to go to work, here's a key to lock up" he kissed my forehead and left. It had surprised me when I found out that Derek lived a 20 minute jog from the gym so I decide to stretch and jog to work after locking up his house.